Job Title: Head, Special Assets Management
- Formulates and implements a proactive, efficient, and cost-effective non-performing assets management strategy.
- Institutes proactive actions to clarify the Banks’ claims on delinquent accounts to prevent further deterioration on these accounts to improve their quality and recovery prospects
- Creates rehabilitation strategies for and supervises the management of the Bank’s vulnerable, watchlist and Non-Performing Accounts portfolio.
- Initiates recovery correspondences between the Bank and borrowers, guarantors, courts, judicial committees, and government agencies to ensure the early resolution of pending and protracted case.
- Liaises with external solicitors for the direction of services for the execution of demand notices, writs, and any other court processes to ensure that external solicitors are working on the bank’s cases and that the cases are making progress.
- Recommends to management, the Board Recoveries Committee, and the Credit Risk Committee alternative resolutions for litigious credit during management and board meetings to provide expert advice for decision making.
- Prepares Board reports and act as a Secretary to the Board Recovery Committee.
- Evaluates accounts statements, account history and security documentation/agreements in order to propose alternative litigation scenarios.
- Analyses financial statements, reviews cash flows and other financial and non-financial data of delinquent borrowers in order to prepare efficient and effective work-out proposals for Board Risk and Credit Committee.
- Formulates and implements innovative means, including analysis of customers’ files and external resources, to locate evasive defaulting customers.
- Recommends bank-wide provisioning forecasts, estimates and the provisioning budget.
- Assesses and evaluates Schemes of Arrangements, Restructuring and Rescheduling proposals and make appropriate recommendations for management decisions to enable turn-around,
Must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree from a recognized tertiary institution
- At least seven (7) years of work experience in banking with at least four (4) years’ experience in a credit role.
- Experience in managing a team
- Report writing
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- General knowledge of the Laws of Ghana and court processes
- Knowledge on facility and security management
- Knowledge about the credit analysis processes
Closing Date : 10 July, 2020