We are recruiting a Business Development Manager for a client.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
- Deal origination, investment screening, execution & portfolio management
- Conducted screening, assessment and due diligence in various sectors and opportunities on a global basis, initiating private and sovereign relationships
- Lead professional conducting opportunity reviews and assessments across the Metals and Resources space
- Established framework to assess M&A opportunities to add value to and de-risk the company
- Run board strategy sessions to allow directors to assess growth options and to understand investor sentiment and peer positioning
- Build relationships with senior executives across African mining sector
- Conduct rigorous financial, technical, and legal analysis of potential acquisition, divestment, and merger candidates
- Conduct assessment of risks and opportunities for the business over 1, 3 and 5 year time horizons
- Complete detailed financial modelling and valuation of assets, peers and potential transaction partners
- Establish and maintain strategic dialogue with sovereigns and investors in several regions across Africa
- Oversee current portfolio of assets/receivables to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission;
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth;
- 10 years experience in Business Development, 5 of which should be in the mining industry .
- Proven experience in a Business Development capacity within Mining in Africa.
- Experience working for a publicly listed company;
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision;
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills;
- A successful track record of doing business in Africa;
- Strong stakeholder management and investor relations experience;
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills;