Youth Harvest Foundation Ghana Job Vacancy : Gender Equality Specialist – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
The Youth Harvest Foundation Ghana (YHFG) was first envisioned by John Kingsley Krugu, whose own youthful upbringing was beset with numerous challenges. Based on his personal difficult experiences, he thought of a youth organization that will work to support marginalized young people to access education and training that will make them contribute meaningfully to society.
At SOCODEVI and YHFG, we believe in the importance of a diverse workplace and commit to the principles of inclusive and equal employment. We specifically encourage women and minorities to apply to this posting.
The Youth Harvest Foundation Ghana is a youth focused Non-Governmental Organization which is also non-partisan and with no religious affiliation. The Foundation was founded in 2002 with head office based in Bolgatanga in the Upper East region of Ghana. The guiding believe is that helping the deprived youth of the north of Ghana to conserve and develop their physical and mental strength through education, entrepreneurial training and improved living conditions is the right way to ensure their viability to society and fight poverty.
SOCODEVI is a network of cooperative entreprises and mutuals that share their technical expertise and knowledge with partners in developing countries to create, protect and distribute wealth. Through the development of the cooperative, mutual or other forms of association, SOCODEVI contributes to the sustainable development of the countries where it operates with the aim of ensuring that populations take charge of themselves.
The PROCED-SOCODEVI, a five-year project funded by the Government of Canada, aims to support the development of women in parboiled rice production in the Upper East region through the reinforcement capacity of producers, co-operative enterprises and public and private partners.
The Gender Equality Specialist is responsible for coordinating the implementation of the Gender Equality (GE) Strategy of the project and responsible of the capacity building process related to GE within the project (with the team, the beneficiaries and as well as with the stakeholders). This person oversees the coordination of the activities specific to GE and so, coordinate the work of the GE team (facilitators), and provides strategic support to ensure the gender equality approach in all the components of the project.
She oversees the M&E of the GE activities in order to support results-based management and organizational learnings. She provides strategic advice and support to the Project Coordinator to ensure that the project decisions and actions are consistent with SOCODEVI’s Gender Equality Institutional Policy. She commits to do her work in the respect of the SOCODEVI Environmental Policy.
- The GE facilitators team relate to her
- She relates to the Project Coordinator
- She works closely with the Gender Equality Advisor of the Head Office in Canada
Responsibilities and tasks
- Supports the conduct of the Gender Equality Analysis of the project;
- Develops, in collaboration with the Head Office GE Advisor, the GE Strategy, its articulation and implementation within the project and its activities;
- Plans and coordinates the work of the GE team and collaborate with the other members of the team to ensure adequate and ongoing application of the GE Strategy;
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with partners;
- Ensures the achievement of the GE results of the project in collaboration with the Program Manager, the Project Coordinator and the GE Advisor from the Head Office;
- Manages the staffing process related to the recruitment, selection and follow-up of the GE facilitators;
- Checks the financial demands, the TORs and the work plans of the GE team.
- Advises and supports the GE facilitators (the team under her responsibility);
- Facilitates GE training according to an established planning (among others field training);
- Based on the institutional Toolkit, develops and/or adjust the GE content for the Farmer Field Schools or other training activities;
- Supports and advices the project team in order to plan and facilitate capacity building process that are gender sensitive;
- Builds and maintains good relationships with technical and organizational development staff;
- Conducts working sessions with private and public stakeholders to strengthen their capacities in planning and implementing measures and actions than contribute to women’s empowerment and inclusive economic development.
Monitoring and evaluation and organizational learning
- Coordinates the design or the update of the tools related to planning, monitoring and evaluation to ensure the appropriate implementation of the GE strategy of the project and its reporting;
- Accompanies and advises the team related to the M&E of the results, indicators and GE targets;
- Contributes to the documentation of learning and innovations developed by SOCODEVI and its partners related to GE.
- Competitive salary;
- Work schedule: Monday to Friday with work during weekends when required;
- Frequent travel in the Upper East Region;
- Periodic meetings in Accra.
Required Skills or Experience
University degree in feminist studies, sociology, international development, social work or any other relevant field
- Proven experience in adult training (andragogy) and participatory methodologies in Gender Equality
- Experience with training in GE or with organizations that incorporate GE in their approach
- Proven experience in team coordination
Number of years of experience
Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Gender Equality
Desired Skills and Personal Qualities
- Good command of English
- Proficiency in local languages an asset
- Ability to lead a group
- Ability to communicate
- Ability to design and adapt training tools and capacity building programs
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to use participatory approaches
- Ability to analyze and summarize
- Writing ability
- Ability to adapt to rudimentary working conditions during field missions
- Skills in group animation
- Active listening
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict Management Skills
- Knowledge of gender analysis tools
- Knowledge of adult training (andragogy)
- Knowledge of the parboiling rice sector
- Knowledge of results-based management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Suite and SharePoint
- Knowledge of the rural context
- Knowledge of the base-root organizations
Applications should be submitted to the Executive Director, Youth Harvest Foundation Ghana via email: [email protected] and [email protected] or by post, Box 656, Bolgatanga. For further inquiries, call 0382095924.
- Deadline: 4th February 2019
- At SOCODEVI and YHFG, we believe in the importance of a diverse workplace and commit to the principles of inclusive and equal employment.
We specifically encourage women and minorities to apply to this posting.