Support operations by ensuring proper usage, regular maintenance and repairs of assigned vehicles for high performance and to undertake driving assignments within and outside assigned areas as required.
Job Title: Driver Mechanic
- Carry out routine maintenance of vehicles.
- Drive staff and visitors to, from and within the assigned locations as and when required
- Maintain log books and report regularly to Fleet Supervisor on the performance of assigned vehicles.
- Diagnose faults and carry out repairs where applicable and advice Supervisor and staff on the repairs of vehicles.
- Assist in the recovery of broken down vehicles.
- Give technical assistance and coordinate the procurement of genuine vehicle parts for maintenance and repairs
- Give Technical guidance to other vehicle users to polish driving skills and unsure the safe use of the vehicles
- Ensure that vehicles are clean and have all the requisite safety gadgets such as fire extinguishers, dusters, basic tools and equipment and also valid road worthy certificates and insurance
Education / Work Experience / Key Competencies
- Motor Mechanic Certificate (MVM) + 2 years relevant experience or Motor Vehicle Technician (MVT) 1/2 + at least 2 years relevant experience.
- Professional driver’s license for at least 2 years, preferably experience with a 4 wheel drive.
- To be able to undertake general servicing of vehicles and diagnose faults, preferably on diesel engines
- Ability to conduct minor repairs on vehicles
- Ability to write reports (basic)
- Must be a committed Christian
- Ability to communicate clearly in English.
- The positions are based in field offices ( Asutifi North, Kintampo South and Agortime Ziope)
- S/He will report to the Fleet Supervisor.