Job Title: Head, People & Culture (HR)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To manage & coordinate human resources strategy for VisionFund Ghana including manpower planning, recruitment & selection, orientation, placement, performance management, compensation package, staff development and talent management.
Ensure that HR Strategy is developed & implemented in all areas of the organization and in compliance with VF Ghana & VFI standards:
- Makes Board presentations on P & C matters.
- Provides strategic people support and advice on Human Resources issues.
- Updates the P&C manual on a per need basis, and ensures that all revision and addition to the policies are written in the employee handbook; Informs all concerned staff of the changes entered into the employee handbook/P&C manual.
- Ensures that good insurance covers for staff are in place that will be of benefit to the organization.
- Reviews and updates P&C policies, procedures and guidelines.
- As required quarterly present to board P &C matters (or as needed).
Staffing Plan & Budgets:
- Contributes and advises on senior management strategic planning, with particular responsibility for HR needs, policies and procedures.
- Prepares and submits annual budget and plan for the approval of the SMT & Board as necessary.
- Plans and implements P&C related procurements and services.
- Responsible for ensuring a conducive and safe work environment for all staff.
- Respond to and address audit queries and suggestions.
Recruitment, Selection, Orientation and Placement:
- Develops letters of appointment, transfer, promotion, and the like; and sends to the concerned staff after approval.
- Conducts “due diligence” or the “fit and proper” test to assess the job applicant’s background and character.
- Ensures that VF Ghana maintains a standardized and systematic hiring and recruitment process; develops or updates hiring policies and procedures most appropriate to individual positions.
- Coordinates all recruitment for VF Ghana: reviews staff requisitions, supervises the hiring and contractual process, and arranges for the new employee’s orientation with the immediate supervisor.
Compensation & Rewards:
- Reviews the benefits scheme (compensation, incentives, and other benefits) on a regular basis (2-3 years) and ensures that it is properly administered in accordance with the P&C manual and prevailing local labour laws.
- If necessary, recommends any exceptions to the CEO and seeks approval from the regional office.
- Conducts consultations with department heads to determine performance indicators and benchmarks per position.
- Periodically carries out salaries and benefits surveys for the review process in order to develop and maintain a competitive compensation package and incentive schemes for staff.
Performance Management & Engagement:
- Develop, implement and monitor staff performance appraisals and ensure that these are done on a regular basis.
- Reviews and upgrades the performance appraisal tools in collaboration with the regional office, determine effectiveness and applicability.
- Investigates all disciplinary and grievance cases with the respective staff, provides guidance, and corrective action through counseling, training, or instituting disciplinary procedures.
- In consultation with the senior management, develops performance indicators and standards in promoting staff to higher posts.
- Works closely with the SMT and MFI branches to improve branch efficiency & effectiveness.
Capability & Competency Management:
- Conducts periodic staff training needs assessments and plans for capacity building- training and staff development.
- Coordinates and develops the staff development strategy to make sure that the staff continues to achieve professional growth within VF Ghana.
Employee Relations & Change Agent:
- Advise staff on the grievance procedures and the WVI/VFI whistleblower policy.
- Monitor the IIM system to ensure that cases reported are addressed and closed.
- Coordinate staff training on sexual harassment, safeguarding, personal security and other key training aimed at improving employee experience at the MFI.
- Coordinates grievance hearing between the staff and the committees.
- Supports the Board and Management in cases of suspension and disciplinary action.
And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Visit to the Filed operations.
Participate actively in the Africa regional P&C initiatives and mandates.
Represent the MFI in professional P&C forums and meetings.
On-going on personal professional development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Master/Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Bachelors’ Degree in HR, Social Science, Psychology or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal counseling & problem- solving skills.
- Very good knowledge of oral & written English.
- Very good analytical & reporting skills.
- Good trainer, facilitator, mentor and coach.
- Experienced in using various human resource information systems.
- Good knowledge of WV &VFI Partnership (an added advantage).
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- Be a good leader.
- Familiar with Core business.
- Model and demonstrate effective Christian leadership and able to lead daily devotions.
Closing Date : 20 August, 2020