The West African Examinations Council invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under-mentioned vacant positions in the Ghana National Office.
Job Title: Data Entry Clerks
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following duties among others in the Information and Communication Technology Division (ICTD):
• Prepare source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information.
• Maintain data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
• Purge files to eliminate duplication of data.
• Maintain operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
• Secure information by completing data base backups.
• Key to disk all defective scannable source documents or source input documents not using OMR Technology.
• Assist in query tracing.
• Applicants must not be more than thirty (30) years of age at the time of applying.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicants must possess a minimum of WASSCE/SSSCE/GBCE/GCE Ordinary Level with credits in at least five (5) subjects, including English Language and Mathematics.
• Any additional certification in an Information Technology related area from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
• Applicants must have at least one (1) year relevant post-qualification experience in a reputable organization.
• A good understanding of data confidentiality issues.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software package.
• Proficient in typing.
• All applicants must be physically and medically fit and of good character.
The salary and conditions of service are highly competitive.
Closing Date : 14 August, 2020