WAPCAS Recruitment 2016
The Ghana-West Africa Program to Combat AIDS and STI (WAPCAS) commenced operations in Ghana in 1996 with support from Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) to implement an STI/HIV intervention program, for Most-At-Risk Populations (MARPS) now Key Populations (KP), in nine West African countries, which included Mali, Niger, Cote D’Ivoire, Guinea, Senegal, Benin, Togo and Burkina Faso. Ghana was the only Anglophone country.
The implementation of this project was made possible through the effective collaboration with the Ghana Health Service. WAPCAS was registered as a local NGO in Ghana after the 10 year CIDA support in 2006. We are legally registered with the Registrar General’s Department and the Department of Social Welfare.
The goal of WAPCAS is to control and reduce new HIV infections among KP as well as the transmission of the infections to the general population through the provision of preventive and curative services using peer-to-peer education to promote the 10 key behaviours which have been accepted in Ghana for KP programming.
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
- The Ghana – West Africa Programme to Combat AIDS and STI (WAPCAS) is a Civil Society Organisation that has been operating in the country since 1996.
- WAPCAS has since its inception been implementing HIV and STI programmes targeting key populations with support from several donors including the Global Fund.
Support the Finance Department to ensure that all financial transactions are carried out in relation to the donor specifications and the organisations policies.
- Including but not limited to these;
- Assist in the preparation of the project accounts and all finandal reports
- Assist in the management of tax and all tax related issues
- Raise vouchers and prepare checks for payments in line with the projects budgets
- Keep fixed assets register and be in charge of all issues related to consumables and commodities
Required Skills or Experience
- A degree in Accounting or Certified Chartered Accountant (Part II)
- Two (2) years’ experience in Project Accounting will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted to;
The Executive Director
Ghana West Africa Program to Combat AIDS and STI (WAPCAS)
Post Office Box AT 1010
Closing date for submission: Friday 8th July, 2016