An exciting job offer exists in Voltic (GH)Limited for a Process Operator. Voltic (GH) Limited, has been known for manufacturing of the leading premium water brand in Ghana for over two decades. Currently, Voltic (GH) Limited has expanded its portfolio to cover alcoholic beverages, carbonated soft drinks, Juices and Value-Added Dairies. This role reports to the Team Leader, Packaging in the Manufacturing Function. The job incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the safe and uninterrupted operation of the production Mechanical/Electrical equipment through regular planned maintenance of equipment. To plan and execute electrical/mechanical projects that will increase the productivity of the company according to KORE engineering standards and to ensure minimum down-time (maximum availability) of production lines, services, equipment and machines.
Job Title: Process Operator
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Execute Planned Maintenance Activities:
• Perform routine checklist and report all abnormalities to Manufacturing Team Leader.
• Maintenance and repairs carried out as per works order. Meeting all the quality requirements.
• Information collated, documented and feedback provided to relevant customers.
Provide 1st line breakdown support:
• Failures/ problems/ deviations investigated and root causes identified, verified and corrective action taken according to procedures.
• Spares and tools obtained using the appropriate systems as per work instruction.
Constant evaluation on lines to detect abnormalities:
• Understand which parts of the machinery needs particular attention. Constantly assess equipment operation in order to detect in advance any potential break-downs.
• Make sound judgements about whether or not to stop the machine when problems are identified
• Avoid waste and reduce time taken for finding tools and spare parts
• Predict breakdowns and carry out improvements to reduce these
• Improve safety of work and machinery.
• Operator controlled system and process issues identified.
• Operators coached and trained to perform activities (within their scope of expertise) to ensure proper asset care.
• Coaching provided on autonomous maintenance activities.
Judgement and decision making
• Maintain the equipment according to good maintenance practices.
• Assess proper functioning of working machinery and request for repairs or replacement in case of need.
• Assess nature of repair on working machines depending on nature of defect as quick fix, replacement or major overhaul.
Operation on the Production Lines
~Operate the manufacturing lines for production
~ Assess the lines regular to prevent breakdown during manufacturing
~ Maintain parts of the manufacturing lines meeting regular timelines
Skills, Experience & Education
• The ability to display a clear understanding of technical or professional aspects of work.
• The ability to plan a task, job or project realistically, structuring work, appropriately allocating time and resources.
• The ability to seek and consider all possible and relevant information, conceptualise problems for problem solving and decision making with due regard to implications.
• Ability to hold self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely and cost-effective results and keeping commitments.
• Ensure compliance to company policies, procedures and legislation.
• Competence in specific psychometric / physical abilities
Demonstrates ability to work constructively within a team to accomplish organizational goals; taking actions that