Manage the IT Department to deliver and operate reliable, scalable and efficient systems to bring business benefit.Also to deliver and maintain a fully functional, performant and scalable IT Wide Area network across the country.
Job Title: Head of IT
Manage the IT department to meet strategic business goals and performance levels, as measured by key performance indicators (KPI).
- Contribute to the formulation of a Technology strategy and plan which supports Vodafone Ghana’s medium-term business goals to create and deliver shareholder value.
- Participate in and contribute to overall business strategy for the OpCo.
- Deliver a transformation of the IT system landscape in order to equip business to reach its goals.
- Develop IT capability in response to agreed customer requirements in full compliance with strategy and governance procedures.
- Meet financial targets (CAPEX, OPEX) in line with overall OpCo Targets.
- Provide clear objectives and targets for all direct reports, including regular performance reviews and one-to-one coaching.
- Be instrumental in ensuring buy-in for business strategy, and work with the department to translate the strategy into concrete IT deliverables
- Champion cost-effectiveness and cost-consciousness amongst staff within IT.
- To provide visible leadership, creating a high performance culture and developing a world-class technical team, that is admired by the industry.
- Drive and manage the relationship with key stakeholders and vendors.
- Manage Operational Support Systems (OSS)
- Manage all Business Support Systems (BSS)
Technical / Professional Skills
- Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related discipline / experience.
- Minimum 10 Years in IT Management, preferably Telco environment.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in IT and related roles especially in Operations.
- High level understanding of IT Architecture and design
- Full alignment on OEM roadmaps and technology advances
- Understanding of Datacentre Technologies and Operations
- Understanding on Application Operations methodologies
- ITIL Certification