Responsible for managing the relationship between Shell and Retailer at the site level, ensuring consistent delivery of the Vivo Energy Customer Commitment
Job Title: Territory Manager
Annual budget or financial business dimensions that the job either directly controls or indirectly influences:
Delivery of the business and financial objectives
Number of staff reporting to the position:
Number of sites: 2020 Plan: 22
Volume Fuels M3: 2020 Plan:
Volume Lubes M3: 2020 Plan:
C3 Margin $M:
1. Identify Gaps in all aspects of site performance (including service and ‘people’) for geographical area and mandate, advice or offer Retailers Vivo Energy-recommended tools, processes and support to help them to profitably deliver the Customer Commitment at the Retail site and to develop the business for the mutual benefit of both the Retailer and Vivo Energy.
2. Maximizing all sales development potential whilst protecting Vivo Energy’s interests, through the coaching and motivating of Retailers.
3. Participate in attraction and selection of the right Retailer
4. Through coaching, supporting and performance management of Retailers to deliver the basics and higher performance, ensure best Retailers have best sites and that poor Retailer performance is eliminated.
5. Manage and maintain positive Retailer relationships, supporting Retailers to achieve and maintain top class site performance (including counseling to underperforming sites).
6. Deliver Sales & Operations targets for geographical area through regular reviews and appropriate action plans.
7. Ensure Retailers implement all areas of the Customer Commitment and ensure compliance with the Site Operations/HSSE standards, contracts and manuals.
8. Manage and maintain a Retailer master plan within Territory through Retailer assessment and involvement with recruitment processes.
9. Ensuring that Retailers’ actions do not damage Vivo Energy’s Reputation.
10. Ensuring that the Retailer trains and develops their staff, and understands the importance of people in delivering the Customer Commitment
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
University degree, preferably in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Statistics and Engineering
3-4 years’ experience in Retail Marketing, site Operations and Dealer Management
1-2 years’ experience in NFR operations
Demonstration of the aspired Enterprise First behaviors (Leadership, Accountability, Teamwork) and Vivo Energy core values (Honesty, Integrity, Respect for People)
Strong team member with excellent communications skills
Broad competence in Retail Sales & Operations
Demonstrable competence in implementing standard processes, achieving sales targets, building relationships with Shell Retailers, delivering Retail Customer Commitment.
Manage site/cluster operating standards & processes – Skill
Manage platform and agreement – Skill.
Recruit, select and develop Retail People – Knowledge.
Manage Customer Service Processes – Knowledge.
Manage relationship with Retailers – Skill.
Manage Site/cluster performance & administration – Skill.
Manage Retail Fuels pricing Execution- RBA & RFA – Skill.
Manage Retailer RVP – Skill
Understand & Apply Retail HSSE standards – Skill
Understand & Apply Shell Retailing principles & process – Skill
Negotiate – Skill
Understand & Apply Retail HSSE standards