When you join Varian, you’re joining a company with nearly $3 billion in annual revenue, and more than 6,500 team members across more than 30 countries. You’ll be backed by a culture that is centered on fostering your creative potential and experience the full support of an organization and leadership committed to inspiring you to do your best work. Bring your talent to a place where your work will help fight cancer.
This is an exceptional opportunity to grow and develop within the Varian team in the Middle East & Africa as an Account Manager you will be responsible for new account development and/or expanding existing accounts within an established geographic territory. Working as part of a collaborate team you will build & manage relationships with current customers and distributors, identify new customers and develop relationships for the purpose of delivering assigned Varian solutions to our customers.
Job Title: Western Africa Account Manager
The Job Holder will ideally be based in either Ghana or Nigeria but look after all news and existing accounts within the English-speaking region of Western Africa.
- Under minimal supervision, performs all sales and account management functions in assigned territory (English speaking Western Africa Countries), including analyses territory for sales potential, maintain accurate sales funnel forecast, and documented account knowledge
- Develops and implements effective sales and account management strategies
- Maintains appropriate level of territory coverage; plans and executes effective sales calls; schedules and performs product demonstrations
- Manages the sales order/quotation process; serves as a consultative resource to customers and distributors; achieves superior level of overall customer satisfaction; provides regular customer and market feedback to company.
- Represents Varian ethics, values and business practices with all internal and external constituents.
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge
- Product knowledge and ability to conduct demonstrations
- Industry knowledge, Organisational acumen/skills
- Time and territory management, Responsiveness and reliability
- Interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation & Selling skills, in addition; effective interpersonal skills & fluency in English, both written and spoken at minimum.
Other Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and 5 years of related experience or Master’s Degree with 3 years of related experience.
- Willingness to travel for business as required
- Contributes to team efficiency through the quality of personal work and by influencing teammate output to required standards, must understand team collaboration and have effective networking skills.
- Able to work independently within guidelines and policies and adhere to the corporate policies and procedures.
- Agile with being pro-active, analytical, results-oriented and able to make decisions within the scope of their role.
- Be able to actively problem solve and suggest realistic innovations to processes towards creating a better customer experience
- Excellent fluency in English, verbal and written, required. Fluency in other languages would be a plus but not mandatory.
- Software and computer skills are required
- Familiar with business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired.
· Must understand team collaboration and have effective networking skills.
· Capable of managing their own workload and of excellent communication relationship building at all levels within and outside of the organization.
Please apply via email with a full cv to [email protected]
Have we sparked your interest in this challenging and exciting position with potential for development?
At Varian, our culture is centered on fostering the creative potential of every employee through teamwork and collaboration. Our technologies touch millions of lives every day, and this inspires us to do our best work – every day. By using your talent, ambition and creativity, you can build a career that allows you to make a real difference in people’s lives.
You’re just one click away from the most impactful work you’ll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to help save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did.