Vacancies At tigo Ghana
Millicom International Cellular (MIC) S.A., operators of Tigo, is a leading international developer and operator of cellular telephone services worldwide primarily in emerging markets operating across Latin America and Africa.
The company provides affordable, widely accessible and readily available cellular telephony services to more than 30 million customers in 13 emerging markets in these continents.
The success of Tigo is based on the triple ‘A’ business model which stands for Affordability, Accessibility and Availability. This guarantees that our subscribers experience the best services at the most affordable rates throughout our 10 regions of Ghana and beyond.
Our vision is to be the ‘Most consumed Digital service provider in urban areas.
Our overall vision for Millicom Africa is to have the 180 million people (in Sub Saharan Africa) connect to dream, work and achieve.
We provide services for people who want to stay in touch, belong to communities and to be informed and entertained, enabling them to express their emotions and enhance their lives
Job Title: Human Resource Director
As a member of the Tigo Ghana Leadership Team and the Africa HR Leadership Team, you will define and deliver the HR strategy that will enable Tigo Ghana to exceed its targets and build an organisation that provides the Talent to deliver the ‘Digital Lifestyle’ agenda within a compliance-driven environment.
You will effectively lead & manage the Talent agenda through design, implementation and evolution of Millicom and talent strategies that support the delivery of business goals. The role has primary responsibilities for step-changing the attraction, retention and engagement goals of the business in delivering our annual performance targets.
THE WAY WE WORK
You are open-minded, passionate and the way you work energizes others. You are committed to the timely delivery of a job well done. You behave with integrity and transparency. You continuously seek opportunities to challenge and improve the status quo.
- Effective Business leader, able to understand the total business strategy and contribute to its delivery both through the HR function and more generally as a member of the Ghana Leadership Team
- Define HR strategy and annual goals in alignment with business strategy
- Define, administrate and control personnel cost and headcount for total company
- Attract the qualified talent to achieve company goals and to obtain higher internal promotions
- Implement succession plan for Leadership team and key/critical positions
- Define and implement development and training plan to increase the level of competence
- Implement compensation methodology to offer competitive salary and benefits
- Ensure quality, on-time and controlled payroll processes
- Establish Human Resource administration policies such as hiring, compensation , benefits, training & development, performance management, induction, and other critical HR processes
- Define and implement Culture and Internal Communication strategy
- Measure and follow up on action plans from employee satisfaction surveys
- Comply with and enhance internal control levels as per Millicom´s Internal Control Manual
- Comply with quality and on-time information for regional and global requirements
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in HR, Business Administration, Economics or Engineering
- Masters degree a plus
- More than 5 years’ experience in similar position at a similar level
- Excellent written and spoken English (knowledge of a second international language a plus)
- Motivated to understand human behaviour
- Ability to engage in effective and persuasive negotiations
- Ability to analyze and transform organizational behavior to HR initiatives
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community
- Mature ability to work collaboratively with management teams and to be seen as a valuable expert resource to be sought out
- Ability to present to large audiences
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills required
- Ability to create high-impact teams that build on positive teamwork and collaboration