Upfield Job Vacancy : Assistant Human Resource Business Partner Manufucturing – Jobs in Ghana
On the 2nd July 2018 Unilever completed the sale of the Spreads Business and it is now under the new ownership of KKR as “Upfield”, therefore any successful applicants will be employed by “Upfield Foods” not Unilever. For more details on Upfield, please click here.
Asst. Human Resources Business Partner
In the role of Asst. HRBP Manufacturing, you have responsibility for all aspects of the people agenda for the manufacturing site. You will ensure by effectively partnering your client group that HR policies and processes are executed effectively. You will work closely with the HR lead Ghana-Nigeria, the HR director and broader HR community, using your business expertise & insight to diagnose talent, organisation, culture and capability needs in the business and deliver interventions to address these.
Main Job Responsibilities
· Assesses the talent needs of the manufacturing organisation to design and deliver the most effective talent solutions.
· Effectively partners factory managers to influence them to make the right choices regarding Talent.
· Engages and communicates with employees the vision for effective teams and effective change management
· Understands organisation diagnostic tools and uses them to plan and implement a range of organisation development interventions and change acceleration programmes
· Coaches and advises manufacturing managers in the optimization of organization and team design techniques to improve performance
· Works at both the organizational and individual level to assess learning & capability building needs. Advises the client group the business and performance benefits of learning interventions.
· Develops an effective ER strategy & delivers it through coaching employees to ensure a strong understanding of employment law and risk mitigation.
· Builds capability in managing performance and reward decisions among factory managers
· Monitors and addresses legal compliance issues to ensure that the organization complies with local and national laws (for e.g. recruitment, diversity, data protection, employee contracts)
· Works closely and collaboratively with HRBP and the broad HR team to share best practice.
· Has financial and budgetary responsibility for HR in the factory site – to manage budgets and absence cost control and reduction and FTE optimization.
· An excellent understanding of WCM is required to engage with Factory Leadership Teams and integrate HR for Factories plan and ManEx – World Class Manufacturing vision.
· Drive implementation of a ‘World Class approach’ along with the factory leadership team by educating the factory resources and related change management efforts.
· Is responsible for delivering Employee & Industrial Relations (ER/ IR) to the business (knowledge of legislative codes and consequent impact on the organization, relationships with work councils/ unions, government/regulatory bodies, community, etc.
· Provides input into the Talent strategy for the business through developing insight and analysis of people related business issues and opportunities (by activating global solutions, e.g. Talent Management tools/ processes and diversity metrics, etc)
· Interfaces with HR service provider for delivery of core HR services to the site, monitors Quality and timeliness of service provision.
· Collects Human Resources/ Organization Effectiveness metrics and measurement for the site across the entire HR lifecycle
Required Experience/Qualifications: –
· University graduate
· 5+ years hands on IR and Operational experience
· Relevant experience in HR systems and processes.
· Good knowledge of key HR processes, roles and responsibilities across the entire HR lifecycle
· Relevant experience in ER/IR systems and process in a complex environment
· Thorough understanding of management trade unions, key legal, compliance, safety and other regulatory issues involved in key HR processes – knows key issues to look out for and when to get expertise teams involved
· Ideally has had experience of HR service centre environment and/or expertise teams as well as hands-on HR management
· Skilled in Building Talent Supply, HR Change Facilitation, Performance Improvement and Organisational Effectiveness
Your Personal Power! :-
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.