We are a new University with a determination to build a distinct institution with a focus on excellence, hard work, resourcefulness and innovation, among others. We invite candidates with similar attributes, goals and requisite qualifications to join us in building this institution for the good of society.
Applications are, therefore, invited for appointment to the under-mentioned positions in the University.
Job Title: IT Manager – It Services And Academic Support
Typical job duties include:
• Overseeing technical projects in alignment with organizational goals.
• Directing the effective delivery of networks, development, and disaster recovery systems and processes to enhance the administrative and academic activities of the University.
• The Director will provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing Information Technology (IT) initiatives to enhance teaching, learning and research in the University.
• He/She will also lead in planning and implementing administrative and academic information systems to support and improve cost-effectiveness and business development in a constantly changing, competitive educational environment to ensure value for money and return on investment.
• He/She will be advising senior management in any issues concerning IT
• The IT Manager for Services reporting to the Director of IT will be responsible for the instructional technology management as well as IT service support for both the faculty and student community.
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicants must satisfy the criteria below:
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science or related field (graduate degree a plus)
• Minimum eight years’ experience working in IT operations
• telecommunications, databases, and storage systems
• Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects
• Solid working knowledge of all relevant coding languages and security protocols
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Minimum 10 years’ experience overseeing IT teams and projects
• Certifications and continuing education preferred
How To Apply
Create account and verify your phone number
• Fill out the personal details, educational and employment backgrounds columns
• Upload required documents such as academic certificates, birth certificate, Police reports, curriculum vitae, Transcripts of academic
• Qualifications and Names of at least 3 referees
• Enclose in an envelope, a printed copy of your Application letter, photocopies of academic certificates, birth certificate, Police reports, curriculum vitae. Transcripts of academic qualifications and Names of at least 3 referees
Post the envelope under registered cover to the address below:
The Registrar, University of environment and sustainable development Private Mail Bag, Somanya
Request all referees to send their reports directly to the Registrar of the University at:
Closing Date: 31 July, 2020