Job Title: Supply Planner
- Ensure availability of all imported materials
- Maintain stock levels of ordered materials as per the agreed stock norms
- Help in achieving the supply chain objectives of reducing working capital and supplying the demand at the lowest cost.
- Establish material requirements for Production Plans with the use of MRP Planned Orders.
- Monitor Stock levels and ensure material availability for current production requirements. Establish and maintain appropriate safety stock levels.
- Highlight material constraints that could impact production plans
- Communicate with suppliers on material requirement forecasts on an ongoing basis.
- Raise Purchase orders and call offs to suppliers based on planned requirements.
- Follow-up on supplier confirmation of Purchase Orders and shipments.
- Monitor shipments of all imported materials and take action when necessary to ensure timely arrival of material on site, thereby avoid disruption to production plans.
- Co-ordinate with Internal Logistics to ensure availability of all imported materials at BUL
- Establish requirements of specified packaging materials both local and imported based medium-term requirements. Place purchase orders and issue call offs according to Production Schedules.
- Liaise with Suppliers on rejected materials or short shipped consignments.
Co-ordinate on Sourcing issues
- Co-ordinate with Planners / Sourcing on new raw and packaging materials.
- Provide data to establish Supplier Performance rating.
- Provide necessary information and maintain necessary records to enable proper control of inventory and prices
- Reports such as:-
- Working Capital reports
- Critical Material Report
- Purchase Order Report
- SLOBS List Report
Critical success Factors for the Job
- High analytical skills
- Advance excel skills
- Should have good interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- University Degree
- 3 – 5 Years’ experience of procuring local and imported materials and dealing with overseas suppliers
- Familiar with MRP systems (SAP, Fourth Shift etc)
- Supply Management
- Research and Development
- Warehousing Teams