Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life’s not about a job, it’s about purpose. We believe real change starts with a conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we’ll do what’s right (not what’s easy) to serve the public conversation.
Job Title: Data Specialist, Curation
Who We Are?
Twitter’s mission is to serve the public conversation, and it’s essential – for the world and for Twitter – to increase the number of people who feel comfortable participating in it. In line with our growth strategy, we’re excited to announce that we are now actively filling for roles in Ghana. Our teams must be more immersed in the rich and vibrant communities that drive the conversations taking place every day across Africa, and we can only do this by engaging local teams and tapping into their expertise and exceptional talent.
What You’ll Do?
Twitter is looking for a Data Specialist to help us better understand what users are talking about on the platform. Tracking what users are talking about allows us to serve the best content, make informed product decisions and generally better understand our users and their interests to make Twitter a better and more engaging experience.
Twitter is looking for someone enthusiastic to help us classify Twitter content while helping us to share insights, integrate data with internal Twitter products and facilitate strong internal strategic relationships around the organization. This person will be responsible for classifying content by creating, monitoring, and maintaining an array of logic-based keyword queries. These queries will span a number of Media specific domains including TV, Sports, Brands, Events, Celebrities, Movies and more. Twitter is looking for someone to track these conversations in the Nigerian market.
Who You Are?
The ideal candidate is a team player while also being an independent thinker. This candidate is someone who has a thirst for understanding what is happening in the world (especially on Twitter) and a desire to help drive a more engaging user experience. This candidate is someone who is equally as excited to learn new things as they are to work on a team and help teach others. Finally, this candidate is someone who is detail oriented and meticulous about their work while also remaining flexible to change and comfortable with multitasking.
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably have:
- A love for the Twitter product and how it is used around the world
- A passion for Pop Culture and a strong knowledge/interest of the Media World
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across different areas of a business
- Experience working to deadline, delivering solutions to unstructured business challenges in ambiguous and fast-paced environments
- Good time management skills
- A strong attention to detail and are highly organized
- Advanced ability for problem solving
- Fluent in English and while this role is primarily focused on English and English Pidgin content, working proficiency in one or more of the following languages is an advantage: Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo.
- Cultural understanding of the Nigerian news, politics, and events
- BS degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, or other related field
- 1-2 years experience in a media related field
- Twitter is committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. Twitter does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
- Twitter is partnering with RDK Consulting Services to fill these roles and provide the described services for Twitter in Ghana.