Tullow Oil Vacancies 2019 – Jobs in Ghana
Tullow Oil is a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company with a portfolio of 90 licences across 16 countries. Our focus is on finding and monetising oil in Africa and the Atlantic Margins.
Since 2006, Tullow has had interests Ghana and was appointed as the Jubilee Field Operator. First oil was achieved in November 2010 and has become Tullow’s key asset generating significant high-margin oil production. Tullow’s second major discovery and subsequent development in Ghana is the TEN field where first oil was successfully achieved on time and on budget in August 2016.
There are further exploration opportunities for Tullow Ghana including expanding Jubilee to include outlying deep-water reserves. More information can be found here Ghana BU
Job Title: Graduate Geologist
Tullow Ghana Limited (TGL) is seeking to hire a Graduate Geologist based in Accra who will be responsible for assisting in the evaluation of prospects (either as Non-operating partner or in a farm-in data room) including:
- Undertaking geoscientific studies, by interpreting geological and geophysical data;
- Generating maps, undertaking volumetric & risk assessments;
- Assisting in the planning of geological studies.
You will ideally be a Graduate Geologist with less than 2 years geological or geophysical knowledge. You will also be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s Degree in geology, geophysics or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Self-starting, ability to work with remote groups.
- Highly complex geological problem-solving skills
- Ability to take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion.
- Focused and able to react quickly to changing circumstances.
- Proactive and able to take initiative to resolve issues.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To achieve this, we offer our employees:
A performance-driven culture that generates results
A commitment to your personal and professional development
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people
A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Role Closes: January 31, 2019