Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Our Accra office based in Ghana is looking to hire a HR Advisor on a Fixed Term Contract basis until at least October 2021, with potential for the duration to be extended.
Reporting to the Ghana HR Manager, the HR Advisor as part of the transformation project team, will play an integral role in overseeing the delivery of the HR workstream critical to delivering a fit for purpose organisation. The role holder will work closely with the existing HR team to integrate existing HR processes and tools for seamless project delivery and handover to BAU.
Job Title: HR Advisor
The Successful Candidate
As HR Advisor you will be responsible for the following –
- Developing and owning the HR project plan and ensure key milestones are identified and communicated to key stakeholders
- Developing and delivering a staffing plan to ensure the team has the capability to deliver the key execution phase through to transition and then for further improvements and transformation efforts
- Developing and managing the Ghana Organisation structure required for self-operation and update as required
- Developing staffing plan for board acceptance and then deliver plan during execution phase
- Overseeing job description preparation for all new positions
- Leading the job evaluation for all new positions and ensure they are mapped to the Tullow bands to determine appropriate compensation.
- Developing and agreeing internal functional service level agreements in line with project expectations and ensure suitable sourcing of individuals
- Partnering with the Operam Resourcing Team to deliver timely recruitment and selection of best candidates for vacant positions
- Coordinating competency assessments for all new hires
- Ensuring robust and SMART development plans are in place for individuals with links to succession plans to meet POD commitments
- Managing onboarding processes for new Ghana BU organisation with senior Tullow leaders
- Working closely with the HR Managers and HR team to ensure key HR processes are followed consistently and correctly and in line with existing relevant policy
Ideally you will be degree qualified in HR or another related field and have a minimum of 8 years HR experience, preferably in the offshore oil and gas industry. You will be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Practical understanding and experience in key HR process and practice including performance management, people development, succession planning, talent management
- Knowledge of local employment legislation and awareness of local content laws
- Good understanding of reward practices
- Ability to advise and work with senior members of staff
- Good communication skills across all levels of the organisation
- Good understanding of the process for Risk Management & Mitigation
- Familiarity with project reporting requirements
- HR Consulting experience will be desirable
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.