Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Our Ghana office based in Accra is looking to hire a Senior Subsea Engineer on a Permanent basis.
The Senior Subsea Engineer is a position in the Projects & Engineering Subsea Ghana team and will provide support to Ghana Operations group for the Jubilee and TEN development. The primary role of the Subsea Engineer is to provide engineering support to assure the ‘safe, compliant, and reliable’ planning and execution of ongoing project scopes.
Job Title: Senior Subsea Engineer
The Successful Candidate
Reporting to the Subsea Execution Manager, you will be responsible for –
- The day to day management of onshore & offshore operation related to the Subsea infrastructure.
- Management of the Sekondio Fabrication yard and the delivery of the Jumper on Demand scope.
- The day to day management of sub-contractors working in conjunction with the subsea team.
- All operational and infrastructure relating to the subsea production system. Hardware including trees, manifolds, PLET’s, jumpers, flying leads, pipelines and associated equipment.
- Work in conjunction with the Well Engineering / Projects, to schedule upcoming work on board the Multi-Purpose Construction Vessel (MPCV). Define construction input into the execution planning and contracting of Offshore and subsea installation projects.
- Define the resources and plans required to execute the MPCV construction phase of projects that are based off the construction vessel.
- Participate in HAZID’s / HAZOP’s in the Subsea area with focus on the operations onboard the MPCV.
- Participate in constructability reviews, construction/installation risk assessments, and other construction related reviews.
- Participate in subsea equipment testing (FAT, EFAT, SIT, SWT) and qualification programs
- Assist Subsea Production Systems (SPS)/Subsea Umbilical, Risers & Flowlines (SURF)/and other subsea packages for review of the maintenance manuals, collect all information and historical data necessary for the future offshore operations.
- Work with installation contractors to ensure proper execution of offshore and subsea projects onboard the MPCV.
Ideally you will be degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline and have 5+ years project experience in installation-specific and/or project management and execution experience. You will also be able to demonstrate extensive experience in the following areas:
- Overall subsea construction experience in offshore oil and gas production and handling facilities
- Experience in structural, pipelines, umbilicals, risers, manifolds fabrication and installation
- Subsea project/construction experience in various remote locations with oil and gas
- Overall Offshore construction experience in offshore oil and gas production and handling facilities
- Subsea and pipelines fabrication, installation, hook-up and commissioning experience
- Subsea brownfield retrofit project experience
- Cost estimating and scheduling experience
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.