Truck Drivers at MIRO Forestry Ghana – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Job Title: Truck Driver
Reports to: Supervisor
Direct Subordinates: N/A
Internal: Manager, Supervisor, Mechanics and company employees
External: Officers from Ghana Police Service, Drivers and Vehicle Licensing
Main Purpose of Appointment:
- Provide support to the Company by conveying workers to and from site
- Travel extensively to company’s project areas and non-project areas
- All radio communication must be in English
Functions of Appointment:
- Drive vehicle for official travel and business, or as requested by Representative
- Ensure punctuality and safe transport;
- Observing the road and traffic laws and regulations of the country.
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- Alcohol must not be consumed or present whilst on duty
Car Security & Maintenance
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
- Ensure vehicle is kept secure at all times
- Ensure vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc. Complete the daily checklist for the vehicle
- Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, mileage, at end of each month
- Assist the Admin Officer to ensure vehicle insurance and registration is updated according to schedule
Car Logbook maintenance
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc.
JOB HOLDER SPECIFICATION
Commercial Driving License, Basic School Certificate, Senior Secondary School Certificate, mechanical skills will be an advantage.
Experience: At least three years’ experience in driving with good driving record, Experience with driving to remote locations on project field trips and driving off the road in difficult conditions
Personal qualities and competencies:
- Good communication skills in English
- Excellent driving skills
- Fitness and alertness
- Good communication skills
- Willing to work long and irregular hours, shift duty and on public holidays as required
- Willing to take regular and extensive travel to company’s project area
Company Location is Asanti Akyem Agogo – Ashanti Region.
Submit your CV to [email protected]
Kindly state the position you are applying for as the subject of your email