Transport Officer at Reputable Company – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
A dynamic organisation seeks to employ dedicated, highly motivated, innovative, and results-driven individuals to join its team of professionals in the following position of Transport Officer
The role reports directly to the Administrative Manager
• The Transport Officer is responsible for coordinating the distribution, maintenance, repair and utilisation of all the vehicle fleet of the Company and ensuring that drivers are operating the Company’s vehicles in a manner safe not only to themselves, but those around them.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Book service order for operational vehicles at the Company’s approved garages.
• Ensure roadworthiness for all operational vehicles at all times.
• Conduct proficiency tests for newly recruited drivers at DVLA for Human Resource interviews.
• Register and transfer vehicle ownerships.
• Manage the Company’s Fleet of vehicles.
• Follow up on accidents of vehicle and vehicle insurance claims from the Commission’s Insurance Companies.
• Keep records of transport related files.
• Monitor and ensure update validity of insurance covers for all operational vehicles.
• Monitor and track the movement(s) of operational vehicles.
• Train drivers on Road Safety and Professionalism
• Coordinate the repair and maintenance of all operational vehicles
• Coordinate vehicle arrangements for staff and running logistics
• Plan and coordinate effective vehicle movement schedules
• Any additional responsibilities assigned by the Manager of the Department.
Qualification Required & Experience
Education, Skills & Related experience
• Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics &Transportation.
• A Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) Certification is an added advantage.
• Minimum of ten (10) years proven experience in Fleet Management.
• Knowledge in driving and Road Safety Regulations.
• Demonstrable honesty and Integrity
• Attention to detail
• Time consciousness
• Well-spoken and Respectful
• Accountability and Firmness
• Good Judgment
• Emotional Stability
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CVs and applications to:
Closing Date: 01 July, 2019