We are seeking a driven, dedicated and determined Project Officer to join Transaid’s programmes team to make a difference in people’s lives by supporting the implementation of our current Ghana road safety programme.
Based in Accra, you will work closely with this programme’s Project Manager and local stakeholders to contribute to the enhancement of Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) driver training standards in Ghana and the region, and. You will interact with and grow our existing networks in government, civil society and the private sector. You will be part of a broader UK and Africa-based Programmes Team, and will be expected to engage in regular meetings with this team face-to-face and online. The role may include travel to other parts of the region, and periodic travel to the UK.
Job Title: Project Officer
We will consider all applicants who demonstrate an expertise in project delivery and a desire to challenge themselves. Experience of working on transport related programmes, in a private sector context and/or civil society would be highly advantageous, as would experience of working with government departments and other development partners.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· A knowledge of transport and logistics related programmes/activities;
· An ability to support multiple projects at the same time and manage competing deadlines;
· An ability to identify and engage high level key stakeholders;
· Previous experience of monitoring and evaluation activities;
· The confidence and ability to produce high quality reports, and manage budgets;
· Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task;
· Excellent English written and oral communication skills;
· A high level of computer literacy (Microsoft Office);
· A willingness and ability to travel within the region (trips up to 6 weeks and sometimes at short notice).
· A university degree (undergraduate and/or postgraduate) in a relevant field;
· Previous experience of contributing to applied research programmes;
· Public or private sector road safety management and/or health experience.