Training Officer at Sabre Education – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Sabre Education is a multi-award winning charity that has forged a reputation as one of the leading early years education organisations in Ghana – a country often cited as a leader for good quality early education practice in Africa. Sabre’s approach is built on a trusted implementing partner relationship with the Government of Ghana, and Sabre is committed to bringing innovations to the existing education system, to ensure all children can access quality kindergarten education.
Sabre Education is a partnership between two independent but linked charities, registered in the UK and in Ghana. Sabre is the 2017-18 winner of the UNESCO-Hamdan bin Rashid Al-Maktoum Prize for Outstanding Practice and Performance in Enhancing the Effectiveness of Teachers and was featured on CNN Inside Africa. Its mission is to contribute to transforming the life chances of children in developing countries through the Brighter Futures programme, which builds sustainable kindergarten schools and trains kindergarten teachers to apply a play based learning methodology. For further information, please see: http://sabre.education/
- Location: Greater Accra Region
- Reporting to: Training Manager
The Sabre Trust is a development organisation working in close collaboration with the local education authorities in the Central, Western and Eastern Regions of Ghana, to support the implementation of the Ghana Education Service’s plans to scale up quality kindergarten education nationwide.
The role holder will assist with the facilitation of the transformational teaching training program of the Organisation and assist Training Manager and other team members to ensure smooth delivery of all elements of the program
- Work with program partners to ensure that all stakeholders are fully engaged in the training process and supportive of the Programme goals.
- Liaise with the Learning team, to ensure that the required data is collected and analysed correctly to demonstrate evidence-based results and learning.
- Coordinate the Programme Management Meetings, including setting agenda and recording minutes.
- Work with Training Manager (TM), trainers and partners to coordinate training workshops, both in terms of logistics and resources/materials.
- Work with Training Manager, Program Director and Accountant to review performance against the project budget, ensuring value for money on all deliverables and good budget administration in accordance with approved budget.
- Support the Training Manager and other Training Officers in preparing and delivering training-the-trainer workshops.
- Prepare internal project reports, which will form the basis of termly updates to partners and donor reports.
- Provide technical support in the development of concept notes and proposals for fundraising
- Support any other activities that furthers the goals of the Brighter Futures Programme, as required.
Required Skills or Experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a first degree in Education (Basic or Early Childhood), Social Work or Project Management from a recognized tertiary institution with at least 2 years post national service relevant work experience
- Prior knowledge in facilitation and project management will be of added advantage
- Team player & easily adaptable
- Teachable and ready to learn
- Efficient & Reliable
- Good sense of judgment
- Ability to facilitate learning programs
- Ability to formulate project plans and proposals for external partners
- Knowledge in project management principles
- Basic knowledge in research or monitoring and evaluation of outcomes
- Knowledge in early childhood education or child development
Please send cover letter and CV in one PDF attachment to [email protected]
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sabre is an equal opportunity employer.
Sabre offers a competitive salary. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and growing organization transforming kindergartens across Ghana as partners with the Ghana Education Service. In addition to flexibility, your job will evolve as quickly as the company scales. That means you’ll constantly be doing and learning new things.