Tractor Operators at MIRO Forestry Ghana – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Job Title: Tractor Operator
Reports to: Supervisor
Direct Subordinates: Tractor Checker
Internal: General Manager, Foresters, Mechanics, Company employees
External: Driver and Vehicular Licensing Authority Officials.
Main Purpose of Appointment:
- To assist with machine operation
- To assist with vehicle and machinery checks, repairs and maintenance
- To cover colleagues job roles in their absence, as required Liaise closely with line manager to ensure the effective management and use of land
- To abide by health and safety at work regulations
- Maintenance to high forestry standards of existing Establishment.
- Assist the supervisor to maintain a record of materials consumed (chemicals) and reporting (daily reports) on materials required such that they can be sourced for the time they are required.
- Ensuring works are carried out according to Company policies and procedures and to high health and safety standards.
Functions of Appointment
- Drive and control farm equipment (Light and heavy) to till soil and to plant, cultivate, and Spray (Inter row And Boom), Bulldozer, Grader, Back hole.
- Observe and listen to machinery operation to detect equipment malfunctions.
- Attach implements such as ploughs, discs, sprayers, or harvesters to tractors, using bolts and hand tools.
- Adjust, repair, and service farm machinery and notify supervisors when machinery malfunctions.
- Spray fertilizer or pesticide solutions to control insects, fungus and weed growth, and diseases, using
- Mix specified materials or chemicals, and dump solutions, powders, or seeds into planter or sprayer machinery
- Getting Information – Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Performing General Physical Activities – Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings – Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
JOB HOLDER SPECIFICATION
- Commercial driving license
- A good standard of general education (Basic or Secondary)
- A relevant agricultural driving certificate is desirable other land based qualifications would also be advantageous
- Good mechanical skills will be an advantage
- At least Three years experience in operating machinery with good driving records
- Experience of agricultural and farm work
- Tractor/machinery driving experience
- Experience in routine grounds maintenance, including fencing, Strumming and grass cutting
- Have the necessary skills to enable manual tasks to be carried out effectively & efficiently.
Personal qualities and competencies:
- Fitness and alertness
- Willing to work long and irregular hours, weekends and on public holidays as required
- Excellent operating skills
- A good level of understanding of Health & Safety considerations
- Be able to work from own initiative with minimum supervision
- Have the ability to priorities and adapt a flexible approach to working
Submit your CV to [email protected]
Kindly state the position you are applying for as the subject of your email