The LRC in partnership with the Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative in collaboration with Crime Check Foundation, with funding from United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is undertaking a three (3) year project titled “USAID Justice Sector Support (JSS) Activity.
This project seeks to monitor and sustain the implementation of Ghana`s Case Tracking System (CTS)- a software system instituted by Chemonics International and partners aimed at employing technology solutions to track criminal cases from inception until being disposed of. The project which will be implemented in 40 target districts in 8 Regions of Ghana will ensure that marginalized communities through mobilization and innovative public education programmes are aware of and supported to track progress of the delivery of the CTS.
The project will keenly monitor and advocate for the utilization of the CTS by targeted Justice Sector Institutions, mobilize citizen groups to monitor the CTS process, facilitate demand for its functionality, accountability and responsiveness by relevant State Institutions, promote legislative and policy reform, and advocate better coordination among the key Justice Sector Institutions and civil society.
In the implementation of the USAID JSS Activity, the LRC invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the positions of a Project Officer.
Job Title: Project Officer
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
• The Project Officer will be responsible for ensuring effective implementation of the project’s activities and tasks assigned to attain goals and objectives of the Ghana Case Tracking System.
• The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Programme Officer and in close collaboration with other project team members and project experts in the execution of project deliverables.
• The incumbent will work directly with the Citizen Monitoring Groups (CMGs) in the target districts and be responsible for organizing and facilitating meetings with key stakeholders, organize trainings, conduct research, monitor project and ensure project success.
• Work under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer to ensure project delivery.
• Responsible for writing activity reports and meeting minutes on regular basis based on standard practice and donor requirements.
• Project implementation, effective and efficient execution of project deliverables.
• Assist in coordination of meetings, writing of minutes and reports, and helping in coordination of trainings and seminars and serve as a rapporteur.
• Work directly with the CMGs in the target districts of the project to ensure project delivery.
• Assist in the development of project work plans and budget.
• Extensively reporting and documenting reports and activities on the project.
• Assist to collect data on project indicators and maintain an updated database on project progress.
• Assist in tracking project performance at community level and report, monitor and follow up on project activities.
• Support the project team to record and analyze monitoring data for reporting and timely communicate the results of analysis to inform decision making.
• Assist to conduct surveys and analyze data on a quarterly basis and make recommendations to improve the project based on the findings.
• Support the Monitoring and Evaluation team in the tracking of outcome of activities evidenced by accurate data to enhance quality of reporting.
• Assist to identify and document human interest stories and case studies based on the successes of implemented project.
• Responsible for supporting the project’s advocacy plan
• Actively assist and participate in project events (meetings/workshops/trainings)
• Undertake project administrative tasks as and when necessary.
• Ensure transparency, ethical conduct and efficiency in project implementation
• Assist to coordinate capacity building training sessions
• Assist in recording project activities expenditure against budget
• Participate in project review meetings
• Ensure effective communication between the CMGs and Management in a timeous manner
• The incumbent will be also asked to perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Education: A relevant first degree or its equivalent in public administration, political science, economics, law or related areas from a recognized educational institution. Additional training and certification in project management would be an advantage.
• Prior Work Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of experience, preferably with international or local non-governmental organization is desirable. Experience should include report writing, organization of workshops, seminars and trainings, and the use of MS office. Prior experience and familiarity with the USAID reporting standards and requirements and Ghana`s Justice Sector will be useful.
• Job Knowledge: The Project Officer should have a good experience in gathering information/data for purposes of analysis and interpretation. Knowledge of Ghana`s criminal justice system and justice delivery, including understanding of the operations of Justice Sector Institutions is preferable.
• Language Proficiency: Fluency in the English language with strong writing skills is required. Fluency in one or more indigenous Ghanaian languages is desirable.
• Skills and Abilities: The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to prepare reports and provide briefings to his/her supervisor and the Chief of Party, team members, as may be required; prepare progress reports on project implementation, demonstrate excellent time management skills critical to managing programme reporting and tasks as required. In addition, the incumbent should demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with superiors, colleagues and partners as well as maturity, objectivity, resourcefulness, adaptability and sound professional judgment. The ability to establish and maintain professional and effective contacts with the Justice Sector Institutions and development partners is preferable. The incumbent should be a good team player; able to respond to work assignments on short deadlines; have strong computer skills, including good knowledge of Microsoft Office; and be willing to travel in country especially to target districts to undertake project deliverables, collect data and conduct assessments.
TERM OF APPOINTMENT
All positions are for a period of three (3) years renewable every year subject to 360 degrees performance and conduct.
How To Apply
Interested and eligible applicants should submit their application letters and Curriculum Vitae detailing their profile: experience, three (3) references to:
[email protected] / [email protected]
Note: When submitting your application, indicate in the subject line the position sought.
Closing Date: 21 September, 2020
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The LRC is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, and creed.