Summary of Role
This is a 2-year assignment term with a fly-in fly-out role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time to our Sabodala mine site in Senegal.
Note: Due to the pandemic & quarantine periods the rotational schedules maybe longer, further information will be discussed during the recruitment process.
As the Senior Maintenance Planner reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will be responsible for all maintenance planning to ensure maximum cost-benefit while minimizing the interruption to production.
Job Title: Senior Maintenance Planner – Process Plant
To optimize the availability of fixed plant installations of the Processing Department and associated infrastructure as directed by the Maintenance Superintendent or his delegate.
This should be achieved through effective management of the following key performance areas;
Plant Maintenance – effective management of reliability centred maintenance systems, preventative maintenance programs and unplanned repairs.
- Maintenance Planning – Ensure all maintenance functions are planned effectively to ensure maximum cost-benefit while minimizing the interruption to production.
- Cost control – Contribute to the accurate compilation of budget forecasts and effective management of departmental expenditure.
- Resource Management – Provide systems to ensure the effective utilization of all available resources. These would include but not be limited to tools and equipment, mobile equipment, all relevant company employees, contractors, and consultants.
- Communication – Maintain effective communication between the maintenance and all internal and external stakeholders.
- Short to long term planning and scheduling of all Mechanical & Electrical maintenance of Fixed Plant Equipment and other company assets according to Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) principles and techniques.
- Use the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to provide accurate prediction of future, and records of historical maintenance activities and costs and provide timely reports to management using the CMMS and other tools.
- Provide mentoring and training to planners while demonstrating a commitment to company values and ensuring adherence to statutory requirements as a minimum
Required Skills & Experience
- Trades Qualification and Tertiary or Post Trade Qualification in Engineering/Maintenance planning or maintenance management is desirable.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working as a process plant maintenance planner & a minimum of 5 years experience as an expat in a supervisory role managing a team in a developing country (preferably Africa).
- Competent in asset management practices an asset.
- Strong communication skills in English, (French is an asset) to effectively interact with national employees
- Experience working with a multi-national workforce in remote work locations
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members & develop an overall plan for the team to ensure skill development and succession plans
- Responsible for performance of team and address performance issues
- Develop an understanding of the cultural backgrounds of employees and how these cultures can be harmoniously integrated into the workplace.
- Foster an amicable and professional working relationship with all employees and contractors
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) & ERP systems; Pronto XI experience will be advantageous.
- Must have a valid drivers license
How To Apply
If you are having difficulties applying, please send your CV to [email protected]