Team Lead – Measurement of Supply Chain Performance KPIs
About the role
Crown Agents is looking for experienced Health Supply Chain Specialists with expertise in carrying out large scale supply chain systems and product availability assessments. Individual must have at least 10 years relevant experience in health, financial and social sectors especially at the country and region of interest.
- Desk review of the health service delivery structure, including:
- Structure and organisation of health service delivery particularly for HIV, TB, Malaria and C19 programmes.
- LMIS system assessment and range of services by level of care.
- Number and distribution of service delivery points by level of care – community, primary, secondary and tertiary.
- Supply chain records and routine attendance records reports used or generated at health facility level for each program area.
- National medicine availability reports where available, includes review of routine health facility supervision reports, SARA and/or other HFA reports and EUV reports if data is recent.
- Selection of tracer items, representative sample sites and clarify KPI measurement using KPI cards and questionnaires, including:
- Collaboration with MOH in the selected countries to tailor the WHO harmonized health facility assessment (HHFA) and select a list of tracer items taking into account national guidelines and program priorities.
- Identify and exploit opportunities for a combined verification of the availability of diagnostic services, therapeutics and tracer medicines for HIV, TB, Malaria and C19 programmes.
- Develop and apply an effective sampling methodology applicable in quarterly and yearly basis, which is statistically relevant and with a clear survey stratification, to select a representative number of service delivery sites, taking into account the program size, other important site characteristics such as disease caseload by site, under or over served sites, location, level of care (community, primary, secondary and tertiary), govt vs private, urban vs rural etc.
- Development and implementation of a digital data collection plan, analyze and report on supply chain, service disruption and system resilience performance indicators, including:
- Development and/or leveraging appropriate data collection tools.
- Selection and training of local data enumerators and supervisors to ensure that they understand the purpose and objectives, data collection process and tools.
- Undertake data collection on KPIs of tracer health products (HTM, pharmaceuticals, diagnostics and C19 products).
- Collect attendance records among OPD, ANC first visit, sick child, HIV, TB, Malaria, community outreach and C19 services.
- Interview health personnel to gather complimentary information related to service providers, C19 vaccine readiness, IPC, waste management, Facility Financing, Reporting and Supervision, and adaptation strategies to maintain essential services.
- Describe quality assurance mechanisms that will be implemented to ensure the quality of the data.
- Receive/clean/analyze data, provide root-cause analysis of low performance against targets and prepare reports on all KPIs. The analysis and report shall include amongst others performance indicators by disease program by country.
- Presentation of root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions/recommendations and discussion of KPI measures with the MOH programme management.
- Duration: 1 year (renewable for 3 years)
More than 10 years management experience in similar positions with:
- Strong experience supporting large health and social programmes, especially management expertise executing large-scale health assessments in developing countries.
- Strong project management and team management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines in complex environment.
- An in-depth knowledge of issues relating to project management in developing countries. Especially at country or region of choice.
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and tact to effectively communicate with senior-level officials, multiple stakeholders and professionals from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Strong professional oral communication, writing and analytical skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents.
- Proven ability to handle several tasks at the same time, set priorities and coordinate a large team
- Experience working in supply chain in a Global Health setting.
- A Graduate Degree, or a degree followed by membership in an industry-recognized professional body (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIPS etc.), in Public Health, Medicine, Pharmacy, Finance/Accounting, Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Science or other relevant discipline.
- Must have good written and spoken English and, preferably, a good working knowledge of the official language(s) spoken in the country or countries of interest.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all candidates at all times as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.