Tamale Technical University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointments as Legal Officer, Director of ICT and Industrial Liaison Officer. Staff in these positions shall be required to show high qualities of sound judgement, initiative, resourcefulness, precision and professionalism in their areas of specialization. The Officers shall be the Heads of their respective Directorates, and shall also be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor through the Registrar.
Job Title: Industrial Liaison Officer
The Industrial Liaison Officer shall coordinate all students’ industrial attachment programmes and create linkages with the industry to facilitate the engagement of the students for practical job training. The duties and responsibilities of the Officer shall include but not limited to the following:
• Ensure that students secure industrial attachment (internship) placements
• Facilitate industrial tours/visits for students
• Ensure that students on industrial attachment are properly monitored
• Ensure that good relationship is established between the University and industry partners
• Conduct and collate tracer studies data on graduates
• Advise on Industrial Attachment policies
• Create linkages for industrial attachment/work place learning experience for students and Lecturers
• Liaise with industry for feedback to help develop and update curriculum to meet industry-specific courses, skills and competencies
• Organize orientation programmes for students, to promote their understanding of practical industrial training
• Organize workshops for both internal and external industrial attachment supervisors
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Pro Vice-Chancellor
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must hold a minimum of Masters’ Degree in a relevant field, and must have served as Senior Assistant Industrial Liaison Officer or analogous Senior Management position in a tertiary institution, industry or any relevant public service organization for a minimum of six (6) years.
How To Apply For The Job
Applications should include cover letters (indicating the position applied for), Current Curriculum Vitae (with contact details of three referees) and Copies of certificates.
Applications must be hand delivered in a sealed envelope or by courier, to the Registry of the University and signed for, and also submit soft copies using an electronic mail (e-mail) to reach the addresses below:
The Vice Chancellor
Tamale Technical University
P.O. Box 3 E/R
Or Email to: [email protected]