Tamale Technical University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointments as Legal Officer, Director of ICT and Industrial Liaison Officer. Staff in these positions shall be required to show high qualities of sound judgement, initiative, resourcefulness, precision and professionalism in their areas of specialization. The Officers shall be the Heads of their respective Directorates, and shall also be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor through the Registrar.
Job Title: Director of ICT
The Director of ICT shall be responsible for the delivery of all ICT services and programmes to students and staff of the University. The duties and responsibilities shall include but not limited to the following:
• Ensure that the University’s computer database system runs efficiently;
• Initiate, develop and advise on updates and implement ICT strategies;
• Ensure proper maintenance of internet connectivity at the University;
• Maintain and update the University’s website;
• Advise on establishment of ICT standards and architectures;
• Plan and implement network security, including setting up firewalls, managing host security, applying security to network applications, and regulating file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, data security, etc.;
• Advise on formulation of acceptable user policies and guidelines to regulate ICT resources utilization;
• Prepare and maintains operational and configuration documentation, guidelines, manuals, user notes and system standards;
• Advise Management on technical designs and development of computer and telecommunications software, networks, and information systems; and
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Registrar or Vice-Chancellor, and other enactments
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must hold a minimum of Masters’ Degree in relevant Computer Science/Computer Engineering field and must have attained the rank of a Deputy Director of ICT or must have at least six (6) years working experience on the rank of a Senior Assistant ICT Officer in a tertiary institution, or any similar public service organization.
How To Apply For The Job
Applications should include cover letters (indicating the position applied for), Current Curriculum Vitae (with contact details of three referees) and Copies of certificates.
Applications must be hand delivered in a sealed envelope or by courier, to the Registry of the University and signed for, and also submit soft copies using an electronic mail (e-mail) to reach the addresses below:
The Vice Chancellor
Tamale Technical University
P.O. Box 3 E/R
Or Email to: [email protected]