Talent Acquisition Specialist at Standard Chartered Bank – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Responsible for developing appropriate talent acquisition strategies, and managing the end-to-end talent acquisition process to deliver agreed targets for roles within assigned business areas, ensuring that the right candidates are recruited, at the right time, at the right price. Partnering with the business, the role holder will provide both consultative and transactional talent acquisition support to deliver a comprehensive and value added service, covering the recruitment of all employed worker (internal and external) local and cross border hires and transfers, ensuring all talent acquisition activity is aligned to and effectively communicates the employer brand.
Customer experience and relationship management
- Provide strategic, consultative advice to senior business stakeholders, coaching them to take a future focused perspective to their talent acquisition needs
- Translate business objectives and stakeholder needs into talent acquisition plans and approaches:
- – Partner with key stakeholders to align to global product, business and operational strategies / agenda
- – Develop and gain approval of the associated strategy, plan and business case
- Fulfil the business’ hiring requirements (including graduate and management associate hiring targets), achieving time, cost, quality and governance KPIs
- Increase the profile of TA. Foster strong, credible relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including senior managers in the business, HR, candidates, suppliers, regulators) to achieve desired outcomes:
- – Deliver high levels of engagement and collective understanding
- – Increase stakeholder awareness of what TA offer and need in return
- – Manage change to facilitate local HR and business readiness for new product / process implementation
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Develop accurate demand forecasts for designated jurisdiction, and scenario plan
- Achieve required cost savings, increasing direct sourcing throughout designated jurisdiction
- Act as the 1st line of defence under the Group’s Risk Management Framework (including relevant Operational Risk Framework ownership for TA risk. Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Deliver disciplined adherence to all applicable regulatory requirements and internal policies, procedures, limits and other control requirements, ensuring:
- – Strategy is aligned with risk appetite, optimising the risk / return profile
- – Robust management controls, processes and reporting are in place
- – All material risks are identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported (including emerging risks on the horizon)
- – All key risk control standards are adhered to, with relevant plans in place
- – Audits and peer reviews are appropriately managed and all applicable items are graded “acceptable” or “well controlled” (or the equivalent)
- Accountable for delivery of the end-to-end talent acquisition and deployment process across the designated jurisdiction, including (but not limited to):
- – Business needs discussions; sourcing; selection; approvals and exceptions; package construction and offer negotiation; contract production; signing and issuing relevant documentation; staff screening; employee ID creation; devising and implementing pre-joining strategies to keep candidates warm; effective on-boarding of new employees; and
- – Executing international talent deployment activities (as applicable) including: (i) policy selection (ii) managing move planning and approvals (iii) supporting the Operations team in managing exceptions requests (iv) ensuring timely: signing and issuance of assignment documentation, and initiation of relocation services (v) end of assignment planning, working with key stakeholders to plan and make on-assignment and end of assignment decisions, and implement them accordingly (in line with planned business or talent development strategy and/or succession plans, as applicable)
- Establish clear diversity hiring plans across designated jurisdiction, ensuring achievement of local priorities / requirements (e.g. localisation requirements)
- Thoroughly embed the Group’s selection products and processes. Participate in attraction and selection activities / events as required
- Deliver full compliance to the brand governance process and ensure the brand and value proposition are fully embedded in key touch points
- Ensure readiness for, and full implementation of, new products and processes
- Accountable for the accuracy, completeness and integrity of data held within talent acquisition systems for designated jurisdiction
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- Ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Ensure exemplary team, hiring manager and supplier compliance to controls and standards including (but not limited to): search firm / agency engagement; approvals and exceptions processes; offers; staff screening; immigration etc
- – Review and address any non-compliant activity, managing exceptions, challenging behaviours, driving cultural change and implementing consequences
- Use data and factual evidence to drive and underpin day-to-day management actions and decision-making (including driving compliance, identifying opportunities for improvements and driving for gap resolutions)
- Deliver management reports (including status reports) on time, and to the required quality
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Proven recruitment experience (in-house or search firm) of retained search and selection, or contingency and multi channel recruitment, with a successful track record in effective job filling within a complex recruitment model / environment
- Able to deal with high recruitment volumes as well as more specialist vacancies, managing multiple vacancies at any time across a variety of disciplines
- Understanding and some experience of developing sourcing strategies and managing multiple recruitment channels to deliver recruitment targets within budget. Some experience of managing / working with PSLs and non-PSLs and good knowledge of the market place, competitors and best practice
- Consulting / diagnostic skills (e.g. probing to identify underlying needs, effective questioning to provoke broader thinking about resource requirements, capability gaps etc)
Sound communication and influencing skills, enabling the role holder to network effectively, establish credibility quickly, build sustainable relationships, relate to candidates and hiring managers, push back on hiring managers / agencies and effectively sell Standard Chartered Bank to individuals
- Ability to deal with conflict, and remain positive when under pressure
- Customer-focused approach
- Sound reasoning skills and the ability to screen and interview applicants while making sound judgments on suitability for the role / organization
- Track record of working in a very organized way, multi-tasking, prioritising, managing data, and setting and achieving deadlines (both short and medium term)
- Experience of analysing recruitment management information and using this to identify and initiate improvements
- Knowledge of / exposure to relevant employment legislation (e.g. data protection)
- Proven track record as an effective manager of a small sized team, coaching, managing and engaging the team to deliver high performance
- Knowledge of HR databases (e.g. PeopleSoft)
- Experience in an international professional services / banking environment
- Proven experience in working in a complex matrix, with a broad base of cultures, dealing with demanding and fast-paced client groups