Supply Chain and Procurement Associate at Roche – Jobs in Ghana
Roche Products Ghana Ltd is recruiting to fill the position for Supply Chain and Procurement Associate.
The candidate will administratively report to the Finance Manager and will have a dotted functional reporting line to the Logistics, Supply Chain and Procurement Lead in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and is a part of the SSA Sub Region Finance community.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Logistics and Supply Chain
- Supervise the logistics function for Roche Products: planning, inventory management, importation and customs clearance procedures.
- Manage the logistics service provider on warehousing and in-market distribution of Roche products. Ensure that the warehouse is properly secured, that suitable and comprehensive measures are taken to guard against theft;
- Ensure that maximum efforts are taken to protect the warehouse from damage due to fire and flood and all other legal requirements are followed;
- Take responsibility for driving through improvements in customer supply chain performance in line with corporate objectives
- Anticipate shortages, minimize write-offs and ensure a proper stocks management. Accountable for targets as well as for specific KPIs in the supply chain (forecast accuracy, stock-outs, back-orders, inventory write-offs).
- Develop logistics relationship with customers for improved service and collaboration;
- Understand customer’s requirements so that distribution and delivery service levels are developed and maintain sales volume at the highest possible level;
- Liaise with the Regulatory team to ensure availability of company’s regulatory licenses/permits for products and special license for dealing with narcotic products
- Cooperate with the Marketing teams in the area of Tenders, Sales terms and conditions (prices, rebates, payment terms etc.), customer service and inventory level.
- Engaging key stakeholders to identify business needs and areas of opportunities for procurement to drive value for the business – efficiency, quality and savings
- In conjunction with the Logistics, Supply Chain and Procurement Lead for SSA SR, developing clear Indirect Procurement strategies and sustainable plans to meet business needs and achieve the value delivery and implementing these locally
- Liaising with Global Category / Regional Procurement Managers to assess Partner/Vendor performance, capacity and risks and define strategies to mitigate.
- Engaging the business and being regarded as a trusted and valued procurement subject matter expert and business partner
- Partnering the engagement owner over the entire procurement journey from understanding needs; sourcing; evaluation; negotiating; contracting; monitoring; supplier review; to exiting, where applicable.
- Identifying opportunities to deliver value-added to business
- Leading sourcing and contracting process – including assessment, evaluation, documentation, terms and conditions
- Ensuring procurement activities are adhering to Roche standards and ethics; and compliant to Roche Policies and Guidelines – including identifying and fulfilling training needs for both internal employees and external suppliers
- Establishing Preferred Supplier List and Supplier Relationship Management
- Responsible for the administration, maintenance and execution of Local Procurement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Providing governance on procurement processes – including review and approve purchase requisitions, where applicable
- Sharing good procurement practices and embedding them across the global organization
- Championing continuous improvement mindset in all procurement-related areas – strategies, policies, processes, templates, forms and exploring digital solutions
- Acting as the local Procurement champion/ touch point in engagements, interactions and collaborations with Regional and Global Procurement as well as coordinating and acting as implementation lead for Regional and Global Procurement Projects
Qualification & Experience
You possess at least a Degree in Business/Finance or Science-related fields, and have 2 – 3 years of working experience in Logistics, Supply Chain & Procurement, preferably within the Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences sector.
You possess at least Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply from the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply, UK or an equivalent globally-recognized certificate in Logistics, Supply Chain & Procurement will be an added advantage
For this position, you also bring the following:
- Highly customer-focused with excellent cross-functional collaboration capability and highly developed interpersonal skills in managing multiple demands and senior stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills with fast learning and people agility – high degree of comfort dealing with ambiguity
- Experience in Indirect Procurement with strong expertise in Professional Services, Events, Marketing and IT. Able to jointly develop SoW with Stakeholders.
- Sound in procurement process in order to optimize the process to support business delivery in an efficient and effectiveness manner. Experience in successfully simplifying processes and not accepting them “as is””
- Multi-tasking and self-starter with strong drive and will to make a difference.
- Strong influencing skills at all levels, able to build and maintain credibility across the organization.
- Fluency in English language skills (both written and spoken) with strong presentation and communication skills to promote effective working relationship
- Knowledge of SAP solutions (e.g. SAP APO, SAP R/3 MM, SRM, BW will be an added advantage)
- Experience with sales and distribution processes and ERP systems
- Core behaviors: Walk the talk (Accountability) / Be brave (challenge the status quo) / Do it right (serving others),
- Proven ability to demonstrate Roche Values
- Leadership and management skills / Organization, planning, strategic thinking, influencing and communication skills.
- Proven ability to interact well in a multi-functional team setting.
Who You Are
You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where:
- you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies.
- your role is not defined by your job title or description but focus on what you think is important for the business
- you think about the broader picture and strive to connect the dots
- welcome and explore bold new ideas, and embrace learning from the unsuccessful ones
Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted