Job Title: Deputy Director, Biosafety
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides input for the formulation of policies;
• Supervises the implementation of programmes and activities of the Directorate;
• Oversees the development of project proposals for the Directorate;
• Oversees public education and sensitization on the Directorate’s activities in collaboration with the Public Relations Unit;
• Oversees the establishment of a system for the receipt and processing of applications;
• Provides secretariat support for the operation of the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC);
• Supervises the establishment of administrative mechanisms for the appropriate handling and storage of documents and data in connection with the processing of applications;
• Drafts permits and associated terms and conditions in consultation with the legal unit;
• Communicate with applicants, TAC, other experts and the public on relevant matters;
• Establishes a system for the handling of confidential information;
• Reviews applications for the declaration of confidential business information;
• Oversees the management of the human, material and financial resource of the Directorate;
• Builds and manages an effective and dedicated work environment team;
• Oversees the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the Directorate;
• Oversees the preparation of the annual work plan and budget of the Directorate;
• Responds to audit queries on financial matters;
• Oversees the implementation of the Performance Management System within the Directorate;
• Supervises and appraises the performance of immediate subordinate staff.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences or any other related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution;
• A relevant qualification in Public and or Business Administration would be an advantage;
• A minimum of eight (8) years relevant post Bachelor’s degree work experience, four (4) years of which must be in a senior management position in a relevant organization;
• Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Authority in collaboration with Public Services Commission.
• Communication, report writing and presentation skills.
• Good research and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of project and programmes management.
• High integrity and good ethical standards.
• Team player.
• Alternative Dispute Management.
• Good knowledge in financial management laws and regulations.
• Knowledge in relevant Conventions and Treaties.
• Knowledge in the Biosafety Clearing House (BCH) operations.
• Good knowledge in labour laws and regulations.
• Good networking and resource mobilisation.
• Good leadership, mentoring and lobbying skills.
• Knowledge in relevant IT applications.
• Good strategic planning.
• Monitoring and evaluation skills.
• Attention to details.
• Guidance and counselling.
• Proposal writing skills.
• Biosafety administration procedures.
• Biosafety risk assessment.
How To Apply
Interested candidate should send their CVs to:
National Biosafety Authority (NBA)
Box WY 669,
Or email to: [email protected]
Hard copies of applications should be submitted at the NBA Secretariat located on the campus of graduate School of Nuclear and Allied Sciences, GAEC, near Kwabenya Police Station