Subah Infosolutions Gh. Ltd Recruiting in Ghana
Perform assigned legal services for SUBAH and oversee administration management/executive support activities for the Managing Director. Scope of work includes providing secretarial support to the Board of Directors.
Reports To:– Managing Director
• Legal & Administrative Policy Implementation
• Responsible for the implementation of approved policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), work plan and other support systems including monitoring mechanisms in managing the company’s legal, secretarial and administrative functions to achieve targeted objectives.
Legal Opinion & Administration
• Vet title documents, draft recitals and legal documents (e.g. bonds, deeds of assignment, tenancy agreements, title deeds, leases, etc.) for review/approval and process same in line with prescribed legal processes.
• Draft contract documents for review and approval.
• Provide legal opinions on issues regarding the business operations of SUBAH.
• Conduct research on pending and/or decided court cases involving SUBAH’s business operations and other matters that are of relevance to the Company.
• Prepare legal documents for filing at various courts.
• Interpret legal issues regarding Staff Conditions of Service and any other HR policies.
• Undertake legal research and draft legal opinions, reports and correspondence.
Company/Board Secretarial Duties
• Serve as Secretary to SUBAH’s Board of Directors.
• Attend board meetings and keep records of all board proceedings.
• Prepare agenda items, background information and arrange for logistics to facilitate meetings with the Managing Director and take action on decisions taken.
• Prepare draft Board minutes and other documents and circulate to Managing Director and Board within agreed timelines.
• Responsible for timely notification of Board meetings and ensure that all Board papers are circulated within agreed timelines.
• Follow up to ensure that all Board decisions/action plans are executed within agreed period.
• Responsible for ensuring that all Board resolutions are filed within agreed timelines.
• Schedule, plan and ensure that all appointments of the Managing Director are responded to in a timely/professional manner.
• Prioritize all to-do-list of the Managing Director and follow-up to ensure that all activities are completed on schedule.
• Responsible for the scheduling of the Managing Director’s assignments, engagements, meetings, etc. to ensure adequate preparation for all commitments.
• Represent the Managing Director at meetings with business associates and clients as directed.
• Screen and review incoming correspondence, reports, documents, etc. to identify those items requiring priority attention by the MD and handle the rest as appropriate.
• Coordinate office management activities and executive support duties of highly confidential and sensitive nature for the Managing Director.
• Conduct studies, compile and prepare confidential documents/reports and brief the Managing Director on the content.
• Responsible for research work and other special business assignments to aid in the effective management and administration of the Managing Director’s office.
• Board of Directors
• Managing Director
• General Managers
• Corporate Office
• Regional Offices
• Corporate Organisations
• Business Partners/Corporate Associates
• Service Providers
Key Results Areas
• Legal & Administrative Policy Implementation
• Legal Opinion & Administration
• Company/Board Secretarial Duties
• Executive Management/Administration
• Stakeholder Relations & Management
• Financial Management
• Information & Reporting
Stakeholder Management & Relations
Maintain professional working relationship with the respective Directorates, Board, Organisations and other external stakeholders relevant to job function.
Prepare for review the annual budget for the Managing Director’s Office for approval and implementation.
Information & Reporting
• Stay abreast with legislations, rules/regulations, governance, international best practices and new developments in company/board management and legal services.
• Prepare monthly/periodic status reports on all designated assignments/activities.
• Responsible for the review and consolidation of various reports for the Managing Director’s perusal.
• Prepare speeches for Managing Director for review and approval.
• Barrister at Law with post qualification experience.
• Corporate Membership of a recognised professional body.
Five (5) years post qualification experience in related role.
Knowledge & Skills
• Good knowledge of Law reports, statutes, Acts, rules, regulations.
• Extensive knowledge in legal rules, court and corporate governance procedures.
• Considerable knowledge/understanding of company secretarial practices and procedures.
• Proven planning and organizing skills.
• Experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks with little or no supervision.
• Ability to manage multiple schedules for executives and department events including conferences, seminars, workshops, meetings and domestic/international travels.
• Good knowledge and experience in the use of research tools and methodologies.
• Ability to maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of staff.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Absolute discretion in handling/dealing with confidential information/data.
• Good negotiation, persuasion and conflict management skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines and execute projects.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and often pressured environment.
• Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and internet and other legal/secretarial/administrative software and tools.
• Good decision making based on thorough analysis.
• Managerial, coaching, and interpersonal skills in a “team” setting.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates should send their applications to:
Closing Date: 23 October, 2013