We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Job Title: Associate Director, IBAM
The Role Responsibilities
- Work closely with clients and internal stakeholders to ensure long- and short-term Cash Implementation strategies are developed to fulfil client requirements
- As part of strategy review, ensure that the team structure and supporting functional roles are as per industry standard: Project Managers, Implementation Readiness, Documentation Managers, Technical Integration Managers, Controls Officer
- Execute Cash Implementation strategy in Country
- Align to Bank initiatives
- Work with the Regional and Global Cash Implementation Head on defining strategy for the Country, support digitisation strategy and any future development roadmap for iPrompt.
- Support the business by developing strong client relationships throughout the sales cycle and help to identify additional cross sell opportunities
- Maintains appropriate commercial balance between needs of clients and long term profitability / efficiency of the business
- Ability to provide thought leadership to clients and internal stakeholders in respect to Cash Implementation strategy
- Embed PMI standards into Project Management team
- Monitor client survey feedback and implement appropriate actions in response
- Ensure consistency of approach and collateral in all locations for which responsible
- Takes responsibility for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual and the team play in managing them.
- Be aware of and fully compliant with the TB operational risk and governance framework
- Be fully compliant with the implementation governance protocols
- Uphold good conduct – ensure full compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures. Prevent data leakages, regulatory breaches
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country Transaction Banking Head
- Country Cash Product Head
- Country Trade Product Head
- Segment Sales Team Head
- Coverage Teams in CCIB
- Product, Data and Digital Platform colleagues in Transaction Banking
- Operations and Technology teams
- Service Organization
- Legal & Compliance
- TB BORM
- Embeds Here for good and Group’s brand and values.
- Performs other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
The jobholder will normally have been educated to degree level with extensive experience in the financial services industry
- Sound knowledge of cash management and trade products and electronic channels of delivery of the same
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in implementing Transaction Banking products for Corporate and Institutional clients.
- Experience in understanding and working with implementation related client documentation
- Experience in working with treasury and technology teams of multinational corporates
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for emerging technologies and cash management and trade trends
- Self-motivated, confident individual with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under strict timelines
- Be a dynamic team player with a collaborative working style
- Out of the box creative thinking and solutioning
- Experience in team leadership would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of local banking rules, regulations and guidelines.