Job Title: Intern
Reports directly to: Senior project officer
Location: Accra, Ghana
Duration: 4 months
Sparkassenstiftung für internationale Kooperation in partnership with four local organizations has been organizing a number of Business Games nationwide. The goal of these interactive educational games is to improve business knowledge and financial literacy of returnees form Germany and other countries as well as of vulnerable members of the host communities.
II. PURPOSE OF ROLE
The impact on the business of participants of these interactive games is to be assessed. The intern will take over tasks to organize and control the implementation of a survey and also help with capturing data and data analysis.
III. SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of the intern’s tasks includes, among others:
1. Liaise with Ghanaian partner organizations about the collection of data
2. Provide advice to partner organisations and support data collection
3. Monitor and quality check incoming data
4. Key-in data and cross check results
5. Analyse data
6. Prepare a short report on the results including graphical depiction
Applicants for this position should possess the following qualification and soft skills:
Student in tertiary education in economics, finance, social science or related disciplines
Excellent knowledge and practical experience in the use of MS Excel
Sound statistical understanding
Good communication and teamwork skills
Flexible and partner-oriented communication on different levels
Ability to build good relationship with partner organizations
Results orientation and the drive to get things done
Twi speaker, additional Ghanaian languages are an asset
Confident user of the MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint).
V. OUR OFFER
· Diversified work environment in an international development cooperation.