Social Impact Ghana Current Recruitment 2019
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997, we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Job Title: Knowledge Management Specialist
The anticipated scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Ghana staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent activities by improving: (1) USAID and Implementing Partner’s (IP) capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of activity and project performance; and (3) Mission and activity ability to collaborate, learn, and adapt (CLA). The anticipated start date is not yet determined.
The MESP activities will encompass the Mission’s Development Objectives:
- Strengthened responsive, democratic governance
- Sustainable and broadly shared economic growth
- Equitable improvements in health status
- Improved reading performance in primary school
SI is seeking a full-time Knowledge Management Specialist who will support all knowledge management activities under the USAID/Ghana MESP. This position will be based in Accra, Ghana. The Knowledge Management Specialist will serve on a full-time basis throughout the five-year period of performance.
**Please note: Only candidates with Ghanaian citizenship will be considered.**
- Responsible for facilitating strong collaboration, learning and adapting practices, including techniques for gathering, organizing, disseminating and applying knowledge to improve USAID programs in Ghana.
- Develop plan that outlines key learning and knowledge management questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
- Spearhead the design and implementation of institutional learning activities including seminars, events, briefings, after actions reviews, among others.
- Assist USAID staff in adopting and strengthening systems and processes that foster learning and knowledge-sharing, and inform future programming.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, and coordinate efforts amongst implementing partners working in common development objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, evaluation services, business management or other related disciplines required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of experience in applying evaluation and assessment findings, performance data and other evidence to adaption of existing and design of new USAID projects.
- Demonstrated experience developing performance indicators across sectors.
- Familiar with standard USAID indicators and capable of developing customized indicators and capable of developing customized indicators.
- Previous experience working closely with local government partners across all levels to accomplish project objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate with other USG or donor-funded projects.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Ghana to attend to contract implementation tasks.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.