Senior Sales Manager at Reputable Company – Jobs in Ghana
One Eye Ghana Limited are Finance, HR Management and Payroll solutions consultants. Our Client, a pharmaceuticals manufacturer and wholesaler in Ghana seeks to recruit reliable, results-oriented and competent professionals for the role of Senior Sales Manager
SENIOR SALES MANAGER
Head of Sales to be based in Accra
Employment Type: Full-time/ Permanent
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region — Ghana
· To lead the sales force as the head of sales, responsible for the southern sector of Ghana
· To develop, create, lead and manage all sales plans in furtherance of commercial and business development activities of the company
· To develop and implement an innovative, growth-focused sales strategy which ensures the areas/ territories of responsibility meet and exceed the expectations of the company’s business objectives and contribute to success in the long run
· To ensure proper management/ supervision of sales people to achieve profitable business growth.
· Champion and lead new territory and new product/ service development efforts of the company.
· Understand the value drivers of the business and identify profitable sales opportunities to grow revenue and market share.
· Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the key customers/ target markets to ensure that their needs are being met and that their business is retained.
· Work closely with the Sales team (including commission sales agents) to manage key customers (existing and new), thereby improving turnover and profitability.
· Undertake market research, analysis and intelligence, review existing products and markets and produce business plans/ recommendations to ensure that all business development opportunities (new products/ services and markets) are optimised.
· Ensuring that regular reviews are carried out with customers, to ensure that their needs are being met and that excellent customer service is achieved and, developing future improvements/services for the customers.
· Representing the company externally e.g. at networking events, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile and optimise all business development opportunities.
· Create regional sales plans and quotas in alignment with business objectives
· Evaluate retail outlets, products and individual performances
· Report on and evaluate regional sales results
· Identify hiring needs of the sales department, select and train new salespeople
· Forecast quarterly and annual profits, prepare and review the annual budget for the area of responsibility
· Analyse regional market trends and discover new opportunities for growth
· Identify and address potential problems and suggest prompt solutions
· Participate in decisions for expansion or market penetration
· Suggest new services/ products and innovative sales techniques to increase customer satisfaction
· Maintaining an awareness of external factors (including competitors, pharmaceutical industry developments, government business initiatives, current and proposed legislation in relation to commercial activities) which impact the business, Communicating such information and any subsequent changes. to the Managing Director (MD) and Senior Management Team.
Key Performance Indicators:
· Develop and implement a strategic/ regional sales plan
· Achieve market share growth and regional profitability
· Develop and maintain strong relationship with key industry players and customers
· Achieve good public image for the company and its products
· BSc degree in Sales, Business Administration or relevant field
· MBA or Professional Qualification or Sales Management experience (minimum of 3 years) in a FMCG setting/ industry will be an added advantage
Essential work Skills:
· Ability to conduct credit worthiness assessments of potential customers and a good knowledge of accounts receivable and
· Proven work experience as a Regional Sales Manager or similar senior sales role
· Ability to measure and analyse key performance indicators (KPIs) like ROI
· Ability to lead and motivate a high performance sales team
· Excellent communication skills, strong organisational skills with a problem-solving attitude
· Availability to travel whenever needed
· Possess a good understanding of Microsoft Office suite/ applications and familiarity with CRM software