Senior Sales Executive – NGOs
WHY JOIN IGNITIA?
Ignitia is a high-tech company and social enterprise that has developed the world’s first highly accurate tropical weather forecast model. We benefit both small-scale farmers and agricultural organizations by providing weather data that directly impacts their yield and improves productivity. We’re making the world a better place one customer at a time – and creating an exciting business at the same time. Want to join us in this incredible journey?
At Ignitia, our mission is to empower intelligent decision making by providing custom, highly accurate weather forecasting data to farmers and organizations in emerging markets – allowing them to stabilize operations, mitigate risks, and maximise profits.
This role will play a huge part in leading our expansion in the NGO and Development sectors. You will have the opportunity to build an amazing new partnerships and develop new projects across our core market of West Africa. Supported by a small, motivated team of scientists, marketers and techies, you will leverage strong prior experience and relationships in the NGO space as well as an in-depth knowledge of Development institutions to achieve your sales objectives, while establishing Ignitia as the leading player in weather data provision across this market.
As the Senior Sales Executive for NGOs, you will work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer, as well as the Marketing/Product team to create and implement projects across West Africa. You will build on our past successes by promoting our unique value proposition to NGO and farming organizations, one that underlines both how we effectively address Climate Change and improve rural livelihoods within the development value chain. You will count on the support of the Marketing and Communications team to generate new business development opportunities that you will then confidently turn into Customers. With every new customer onboarded, you will hand them over to the Account Management team, who in turn will ensure the relationship is nurtured and turned into a long-term win-win partnership.
As one of the first senior Sales professionals at Ignitia, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the way we go to market, from product proposition to Sales process to distribution. Ignitia has a unique and proprietary offer, one that genuinely improves farmer lives and productivity. We are small and flexible to adjust to what customers want. So if you have an intimate knowledge of the decision making process of NGO entities, the features and benefits they are looking for, and have an overall intimate know-how of what makes them tick, we’d love to hear from you.
• Leverages deep customer understanding, particularly with key players in the Development space to pursue Ignitia’s ambitious growth goals.
• Hunts business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and exploring sales options.
• Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
• Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by committing to continuous improvement, pursuing attendance of educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
• Contributes to team effort by reaching and exceeding sales objectives as needed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• College / University degree
• Minimum 5 years experience in Sales
• Minimum 5 years experience working directly in/with NGO projects in Africa
• Excellent knowledge of the Development value chain, including the respective decision making processes, required features and decision-making pivot points
• World class presentation skills and the ability to address relevant buying challenges through creative, winning solutions
• Deep exposure and contact network of development and NGO institutions.