SENIOR PROJECT OFFICERS-NORAD PROJECT | ReliefWeb
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organisation representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern & Central Africa; Southern Africa; Western Africa; and the Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade system and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods.
ABOUT THE JOB
To support the producer and member organisations conducting a needs assessment, thematic training, and providing coaching to strengthen capacity. To provide pre and post-certification support as required.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish a business case for each project, supported by budget information and income projections
- Manage the implementation of projects to develop the capacity of producer organizations
- Monitor operational activities and effectiveness of results and milestones
- Compile monthly updates and quarterly reports using FTA and project templates
- Support the development of project proposals
Provide thematic training and technical advisory support training to producer organisations and Fairtrade Premium Committees:
- Project and financial management
- Gender mainstreaming
- Hired Labour Standards
- Fairtrade Premium management
- Product Certification Cycle
- Initiate and maintain relationships with local communities, public, and government institutions, educational institutions among other stakeholders
- Understand producer needs and concerns, advocate on relevant policies to enhance FTA’s work with the local opinion leaders and decision-makers.
- Ensure awareness of the local trends, perceptions, and players in the local community.
- Advice on how to manage risk and optimise on the opportunities
- Influence localised policies and perceptions in favor of FTA through the support of the Programme Manager.
- Support the identification of opportunities for programmes and projects development
- Support and provide advice to producer groups to enable access to trade and marketing opportunities
- Represent FTA in-country and field events
- Support the needs and situational assessment of producer organizations and propose recommendations to best support Small Producer Organizations
- Support in provision of technical assistance to members in the development of business strategic plans, marketing plans related to business development and growth requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Agriculture or related field
Experience and Knowledge
- A minimum of 3 years of project management experience in a similar environment
- Experience in delivering training to a range of audiences
- Experience in business development within sustainable supply chains
- Knowledge and understanding of Fairtrade standards
- Thematic knowledge and expertise in FTA’s priority areas
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals across multi-functional disciplines
- Conflict resolution skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good training and facilitation skills
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Ability to speak the local language
How to apply
An application form (CVs will not be accepted) can be found on the jobs and volunteering page of our website: https://fairtradeafrica.net/vacancies/
If you have any queries, please e-mail [email protected]
or call +254 202721771 or +254 704180169 and ask to speak to a member of the HR team. Qualified applicants will be subjected to background checks as a pre-condition of employment. Completed applications should be saved in the applicant’s name and the position (SENIOR PROJECT OFFICER) and be e-mailed to [email protected]
All applicants should state how they meet the essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts, and three referees with contact details on the application form.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.