Senior Program Development Officer | ReliefWeb
Small-holder farmers, who produce most of the world’s food, are often amongst the world’s poorest people. We are working to change that. ignitia has developed the world’s first and most accurate tropical weather forecasting model to benefit both small-scale farmers and agricultural organizations. By providing hyper-local, highly accurate weather data, farmers can make decisions that directly impact yield and productivity. We are a high-tech social enterprise that leverages advanced technologies to provide a unique and valuable means for farmers and organizations in emerging markets to stabilize operations, mitigate risks, and maximize profits.
When you’re part of the team at ignitia, you’ll be tackling the impact of climate change and food shortage by transforming how farmers in the tropics leverage the weather to improve yields. You’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the r sources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
ignitia is a low-ego, high-energy environment. We don’t have many layers and we are not into red tape or office politics. We have some of the best minds in meteorology and technology working alongside a powerful commercial sales team to change how weather impacts the lives of farmers.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT?
The primary focus of your role is to ensure that ignitia realizes strong, profitable, organic revenue growth through partnerships with NGOs and development institutions. You will be supported by a small yet mighty team of scientists, marketers and technical experts. You will leverage your strong relationships in the NGO space, as well as an in-depth knowledge of development institutions, to forge new partnerships and design new programs that deliver real impact on the ground.
You will lead the charge in establishing ignitia as the lead provider of weather data across this market.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Develop a deep understanding and articulate compellingly how ignitia’s current and future product portfolio can support NGOs and development institutions in delivering their impact goals
- Create ignitia’s go-to-market strategy and target plan to deliver ignitia’s ambitious growth objectives from NGO and development institution funded revenues
- Proactively manage a pipeline of prospects and opportunities through to winning bids to realize revenue targets
- Create proposals that win
- Build and maintain an effective network of relationships with NGO and development sector stakeholders; ensure an up to date knowledge of NGO impact priorities and funding objectives
- Work with the Product and Tech teams to identify product improvements or new products; remain current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
WHO ARE YOU?
You’re not just great at translating relationships into revenue and funding, you’re a market-maker. You know how to shape the way ignitia goes to market, from our proposition and how it delivers sustained impact to winning the bids and designing effective programs. You have a keen understanding of the NGO landscape in West Africa and their decision-making processes. You have valuable relationships that can open doors and you have deep experience in winning bids.
You are entrepreneurial and persistent. You are ambitious and love being part of a high performing team. You think your work should make a difference and still be fun.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE?
- You have an undergraduate degree (minimum) from a recognized university
- You have at least 5 years of experience in building partnerships and securing NGO project funding in Africa
- You have an extensive and relevant network of trusted relationships within the development sector in Africa, preferably in livelihoods/ climate change/ agriculture etc. (mainly West Africa)
- You have excellent knowledge of the development sector in West Africa, the players, their priorities and how they operate
- You are a powerful communicator – both written and oral – and write proposals that win funding
- We are go-getters – we work hard and have a sense of urgency in pursuing the opportunities that help us accomplish our goals
- We act as owners – We take every decision based on what’s best for the company. We take responsibility for our actions
- We are curious – we learn rapidly and eagerly; we are in constant search for ideas that challenge conventional wisdom. We lead the way
- We act with integrity – we treat others the way we like to be treated. We deliver on our promises and we do what we say we will do
- We strive for excellence – We aim to be the best in everything we do; we recruit fantastic talent. We provide great customer service and we provide the best weather data on Earth!