Secretary at European Union Delegation to Ghana – Jobs in Ghana
Job Title: Secretary in the Trade and Economic Section
Job location: Delegation of the European Union to Ghana
Area of Activity: Trade and Economic Section
Category and Career: Local Agent – III
Job number: Vacant
• The Secretary of the Trade and Economic Section will execute his/her tasks under the direct supervision of the Team Leader of the Section.
• The Secretary of the trade and Economic Section will provide secretarial support for document management and filing, internal communication, provision of information to the section, organisation of events, and for the initiation of operational files.
• The Secretary of Trade and Economic Section section should be able to demonstrate his/her capacity to perform independently and in a pro-active way. He/she will partake as needed in the other activities of the Delegation in accordance with instructions from the Head of Delegation.
Functions and duties:
Secretary support duties
• Maintaining the section’s calendar
• Draft, type and respond to correspondence, storing standard texts on the server
• Take, transcribe and prepare notes, minutes, routine correspondence, presentations and / or other texts.
• Update Contacts data base in Microsoft Outlook.
• Organizes internal and external meetings, prepares planning for missions, holidays, etc.
• Making official vehicle requests in Drivers for section colleagues.
• Maintain coordination within the section on administrative and operational matters;
• Facilitating the organization of all section’s activities;
• Answering/directing phone calls;
• Organizing meetings/appointments;
• Circulating and directing documents; follow-up on outstanding matters
• Filing documents/keeping records;
• Assisting/supporting visiting consultants with day to day requirements
Document and file management duties
• Receive from the Head of Delegation’s secretariat and route incoming correspondence, finalise and transmit outgoing correspondence, prepare / copy documents for transmission.
• Organisation of events with external stakeholders: preparation of invitations, management of guest lists, coordinating with conference venues and catering services, organising protocol, liaising with press officer
• Prepare technical folders prior to meetings/conferences in collaboration with programme managers and/or Team Leader of the Section
• Prepare Note verbales and invitation letters for experts traveling to Ghana
• Follow up on correspondence with contractors/consultants/National Authorising Officer
• Support to the initiation of contracts: CRIS encoding, preparing files for all operational transactions & follow up to the end of the transaction
• Assist and insure back up to other administrative assistants in the team and in particular to the archivist.
• Coordinate, assist and insure back up of other secretaries while on leave, sick or heavy workload.
• Other task as required by the Team leader of the Section or the Head of Cooperation
Qualification Required & Experience
EDUCATION & TRAINING
• Minimum HND (High school diploma) or its equivalents.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 4 years in performing the above mentioned tasks
• Working experience in an international organisation is an asset.
• Fluent English, reading and speaking (C2 Level)
• French an asset.
• Capacity to communicate clearly, present complex matters in a simple way and draft precisely.
• Good ability to work in a team
• Demonstrated pro-activity to undertake activities and to find creative solutions
• Capacity to focus on priorities work independently and to organize work to deliver on timer.
• Proven extensive user experience with MS Office Package or similar as well as with internet based services.
• Flexibility to work under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands.
• Commitment to assure quality, speed and accuracy in performing technical and procedural duties