Scania West Africa was established in 2014 as a captive distributer in Ghana with the responsibility to build up and develop a non-captive dealer network in West Africa. We currently employ 76 employees within our Ghana Operation between our head office, our 3 workshops and dedicated training center.
Job Title: Mining Manager
The Mining Manager is responsible for managing key accounts, maintaining a long term relationship with accounts and maximizing sales opportunities within them. He/she has the operational responsibility to steer the sales of mining related activities in the market and business aiming at reaching Scania’s commercial targets in the area.
• Implement and foster the Scania Sales Mindset in the area. Lead by example
• Foster a result and customer oriented mind-set
• Execute the Sales Strategy based on structured sales, Retail Sales Management (RSM) through a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) approach
• Take responsibility for Business Plan implementation
• Identify new business opportunities
• Develop and promote Scania products and services
• Collect sales data to create forecasts and action plans for sales strategies and lead time
• Ensure that relevant financial and statistical reports are compiled, analysed for further improvements
• Monitor market and competitor activity, trends and demands
• Identify deviations and generate appropriate action plans
• Implement and develop structured sales (RSM) through a CRM approach
• Interact with and visit prospects and customers regularly
• Understand and act according to the Scania way frame work
• Maintain the normal situation, detect deviations and act immediately to eliminate them
• Contribute in daily follow-up, daily steering
• Participate and contribute in improvement activities based on a standardized working method
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
• University education in a relevant discipline such as business, marketing etc.
• Master’s Degree would be an added advantage
• Relevant business knowledge and minimum 4-10 years’ experience in a similar role
• Sales experience preferably in the heavy vehicle or a related industry
• Extensive sales experience in heavy vehicle or related industry
• Preferred technical qualification within the automotive or associated industry
• Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining customer relationships
• Strong computer literacy and good working knowledge in the most common windows based programs
• Fluent in English & French
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit, consisting of a cover letter and an updated CV. These documents shall be sent to [email protected]
NB: Please note that this is not an expat role. We are only looking at candidates from Ghana/Ecowas region.