Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry including rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Tools Sales Support Representative is responsible for the Sales and technical support of Sandvik Rock drilling Tools offering to the Mining and Rock Technology customer base in West Africa
Job Title: Tools Sales and Support Representative
Key Responsibilities Include
- Optimise Sales and Profitability of Rock Tools
- Training and coaching of relevant internal and customer personnel on Rock Tools.
- Work closely with Sales, Service and Training personnel to optimise knowledge across departments including Logistics to ensure effective forecasting of Rock Tools.
- Customer site visit on regular basis with written reports.
- To facilitate customer’s selection and ordering of Rock Tools.
- To facilitate customer warranty claims and process.
- To conduct trials and testing of new products at customer sites.
- Liaise with factories to stay abreast of product development, knowledge transfer back to the factories of market requirements and trends and support marketing teams as well as aftermarket teams to optimise sales opportunities.
- Effective coaching and training of direct internal and external personnel responsible for growing the Sandvik offering in West Africa.
- Develop customer relationship to ensure customers have positive experience and remain loyal to the Sandvik brand.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures.
- Takes responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills.
- Adhere to all SMR Policies and Procedures especially the SHEQ Policies.
- Degree Qualified Mining Engineer or a Rich Trade Background in Mechanical discipline or a rich Mining Operational background with minimum (5) years’ experience in Surface/Underground Mining.
- Experience/Knowledge of Mining drilling equipment and Rock Tools is required.
- Ability to interact with all levels in a Multicultural/diverse organization is required.
- Excellent Sales, Communication and Presentation skills required.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Ability to drive and Possession of a Valid Ghanaian Drivers’ license, preferably Class B.
- French language skills will be an advantage.