Roche Jobs 2019 – Jobs in Ghana
Reporting to the Global Head of Reputation and Issues Management, the Reputation and Issues Management Lead Africa is responsible for shaping both the external environment and Roche’s reputation in order to build a competitive edge and further the company’s business strategy.
Job Title: Reputation and Issues Management Lead Africa / Senior Communications Manager
S/he is the trusted advisor of the Global Head of Reputation and Issues Management and other senior leaders, and will set, define and oversee the implementation of the overall strategy, objectives and goals for the function in Africa.
S/he is the primary communications contact for Africa, acting as an enabler of the new more networked communications model and providing strategic counsel to the Heads of Corporate Affairs and their respective leadership teams where needed. In this capacity s/he is responsible for ensuring team members maintain a high level of engagement and performance.
S/he is expected to play a leadership role at the global level and will be required to build and lead at least one global community of practice (e.g. Crisis Management, Insight and Reputation Strategy, or a key business topic etc), both enabling and guiding the development of cross-country solutions to find common opportunities and mitigate challenges.
S/he will take the lead on establishing and maintaining issue preparedness – as well as issues management – activities in Africa. In doing so s/he will establish robust governance practices, provide training to leadership teams, identify risks and will subsequently lead cross functional teams through the development and implementation of issues management strategies which tackle business critical topics or key challenges.
The position can be located in any country in the corresponding area.
In this position, you will be primarily accountable for:
- Acting as an enabler and connector for the communications network; fostering fit-for-purpose/ high impact programmes and partnerships, driving the advancement of the function and career development for communicators, and ensuring the Corporate Affairs teams in Africa meet or exceed assigned goals and objectives.
- Taking the lead on resolving business-critical topics or issues/crises which impact (positively or negatively) our reputation either in Africa or globally, partnering with key (internal & external) stakeholders to do so.
- Establishing and maintaining robust issues management systems and practices within Africa; establishing robust governance practices, provide training to leadership teams, identify risks and leading cross functional teams through the development and implementation of issues management strategies which tackle business critical topics or key challenges.
- Leading at least one global Community of Practice focused on either a specific dimension of Public Affairs or a critical business topic, enabling the creation of community driven approach with high impact results.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in International Relations, Politics or relevant certification, relevant Graduate-level degree (e.g., Public Policy, Public Relations, International Development) is a plus.
- Several (10+) years of experience and good knowledge of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industry, robust understanding of the geopolitical outlook and the key stakeholders and the associated affiliates. Political / Public Affairs knowledge and intimate knowledge/understanding of key policy trends and their business impact essential.
- Experience leading on above country, multi-stakeholder engagement & advocacy, proven leadership experience in a non-hierarchical environment.
- Strong consulting and leadership skills.
- Extensive issues and crisis management experience (mitigation and response).