Robert Walters Jobs 2020 – Jobs in Ghana
My client is Real Estate / Property Group looking for a Finance Manager, responsible for the financial function for all the Group entities in Ghana. This includes co-ordination of financial recording, reporting and controls, assisting budget preparation, asset and cash flow management. Also responsible for all statutory compliance work including preparation of full annual AFS and all direct and indirect tax submissions for the group entities in Ghana and required input for consolidated group accounts.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Financial recording and reporting
• Oversee recording and reporting functions in companies’/business lines with separate revenue and P&L accounts.
• Submit monthly reports to Group head office.
• Provide policy direction and assistance, as required.
• Carry out analytical checks on financial report data highlighting key trends, variances from budget and k.p.i.’s etc., and report to Group head office.
• Assist in annual budget preparation cycle for all Ghana companies’/business lines.
Statutory accounts and governance
• Preparation of Company statutory accounts.
• Attend Ghana audit committee and financial risk committee meetings.
• Present AFS to Group head office.
• Responsible for all compliance issues.
• Liaise with auditors as required.
Capex and cash management
• Assist capital budgeting and capex spend implementation, cash and treasury management, etc.
• Making payments and oversee payment cycle.
Management and Systems
• Responsible for line management of +- 5 staff involved in Ghana financial function – performance in line with k.p.i.’s.
• Liaise regularly with Group FM on financial reports and results, capex and working capital, monthly results, deviations from plan, etc.
• Oversee and liaise with Financial Operations on progressive transition to new software.
• Liaise with Group FM and Property / Asset managers on any variances in monthly/quarterly operating results.
Broad and comprehensive understanding of Ghana business lines and operations to be able to prepare budgets and interpret and analyse financial results meaningfully. This includes understanding the interaction between sub functions;
• Ability to filter and analyse complex and dynamic information.
• Contributes strongly to policy formulation and planning.
• Developed communication skills to negotiate (mainly internally, some external contact) and lead a small team of professionals.
• Strong knowledge base of Ghanaian tax law.
• Strong knowledge base of Ghanaian exchange control and Central bank processes.
• CA (SA) essential (or equivalent ie: ACCA / OCAM)
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience with not less than 3 – 5 years in a senior financial management position.
• 3 years’ experience in a property environment dealing with industry specific accounting issues highly desirable.
Leadership Competency Requirements:
• Required to manage a team of financial staff in a large listed corporate structure.
• Also required to interact with, and liaise with professional specialists responsible for functions such as tax, treasury, risk management, capital budgeting, etc.