Research Associate (Internship) at CUTS International – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
CUTS is a non-profit research and advocacy public policy think tank based in Accra with mandates to the ECOWAS region (www.cuts-accra.org ). CUTS work in the areas of international trade and development, consumer protection and consumer safety, governance, competition, investment and economic Regulation. CUTS has distinguished itself over the years as an organization that is enable to engage the grassroots, policy makers and non-state actors.
CUTS requires one intern to assist in the areas of research. Internship position is non-paid. However, interns shall be provided with monthly stipend.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Key Responsibilities of the Research Assistants would include but not limiting to:
- Undertaking literature review, analysis of data, and writing research reports
- Writing policy briefs
- Networking with researchers/research institutions for managing research
- Writing proposals
Required Skills or Experience
The candidate should be a Masters in Economics/Development from an institute of good repute. Candidates with years of experience preferably in the area of Trade, Development, Competition, Investments, Governance, Market Research, policy & advocacy, having leadership qualities will be preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to use Excel, SPSS, STATA to analyse large data sets
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
The deadline for the application is Monday 20th January, 2020. Apply with i) Detailed CV, ii) 2 References iii) Soft copies of any published works iv). Cover letter of 400 words expressing the interest of application iv. An essay of 800 -1000 words on “The Significance of ECOWAS Single Currency for Regional Integrations”. The application should be emailed to: [email protected] not later than Monday 20th January, 2020.
NB: Application without the essay and a cover letter will be rejected.
CUTS International Accra
Asafoatse Oman Street, Kokomlemle),
P.O. BOX AN 6156,
Email: [email protected]
CUTS is an equal opportunity organisation and female candidates are encouraged to apply.