Registrar at Ghana Institute of Journalism – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
The Ghana Institute of Journalism is a public university that provides specialised education in journalism and cornmunication studies. GIJ is the first school of journalism established in Sub-Saharan Africa and has focused on journalism and communication education tor 60 years. GIJ’s accredited
bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes seek to prepare professionals with high joumalistic standards and ethical communication practices to support Ghana’s growing democracy and development, Over the years, GIJ has churned out many of the country’s leading journalists and communication
GIJ seeks to employ qualified and dynamic persons in the key administrative positions of Deputy Rector and Registrar.
- The Registrar is the chief administrative/operations Officer of the Institute.
- He/She serves as Secretary to the Governing Council and serves on other key committees of the Institute.
- The Registrar directly reports to the Rector for the implementation and supervision of all administrative and academic policies and procedures of the Institute.
- Advertisement: Scroll down to keep reading
Qualifications Required and Experience:
- Must hold at least a master’s degree in Higher Education Management and Administration/ Education; Administration, Social Sciences or a related field with an academic/professional qualification in Higher Education Administration from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Must have at least 10 years relevant post-qualification experience in a similar position in a higher educational institution. A minimum of four out of the relevant years of experience should be a Deputy Registrar position or an equivalent senior management level,
- Must be able to serve a full five (5)-vear Term of Office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of sixty (60).
- Eligible applicants must demonstrate:
- Strong administrative and managerial competence
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and high sense of integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to pay attention to detail,
- Knowledge of human resource management and planning applicable in a university
- Ability to handle schedules/taaks multiple Registry work (academic, human general administration) and produce and
- Strong computer literacy skills.
Interested individuals from both within and outside GIJ should submit a letter of application accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional credentials.
Applicants should forward references from three referees. Referees should assess applicants against the eligibility criteria and job description listed above.
Applications must be hand-delivered in a sealed envelope to the Registry of the Institute or submitted using a registered postal mail to reach the address
The Chairperson, Search Committee
C/o Office of the Ag Registrar
Ghana Institute of Journalism
P. O. Box GP 667
Applications can also be submitted electronically to the following email address:
The deadline for submission of applications is 27th September, 2019.