Regional Manager at Gold Fields Ghana – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Gold Fields Ghana seeks to employ an experienced and suitably qualified individual for the position of Regional Manager: Corporate Affairs and Stakeholder Engagement. Reporting to the Vice President and Head of Human Resources – West Africa Region, the incumbent will be responsible for the development, enhancement and upholding of Gold Fields Ghana’s reputation, brand and image in line with the Gold Fields Group’s Investor Relations and Corporate Affairs strategies and priorities.
- Lead the development of the company’s position and represent the Company’s interests to industry groups, governmental and non-governmental organisations.
- Provide professional leadership in reputation management through strategic external stakeholder communication, particularly with the media.
- Review and/or develop the Gold Fields West Africa Communications Strategy.
- Develop and coordinate medium and long-term regional communication plans and strategies.
- Assess and profile emerging risks and opportunities, which may affect the success of the Region, including best practices identification, broad scanning of communication trends, as well as monitoring legislative developments regarding relations with regulatory stakeholders.
- Drive regional communications and alignment.
- General media relations including preparing media releases, media audits, medial monitoring and analysis, as well as overseeing social media in the Region.
- Manage the Region’s corporate identity through the implementation of the Group corporate branding guidelines and oversee advertising and sponsorship in the Region.
- Oversee the communication requirements of the Gold Fields Ghana Foundation.
- Responsible for protocol management.
- Prepare relevant board notes for both Gold Fields Limited and Gold Fields Ghana Board and sub-committee meetings.
- Relevant postgraduate degree in community and/or government relations and/or communications.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in government relations, corporate affairs and/or communications at a management level in the mining/resources or related industries.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of external regulations, industry and stakeholder trends in mining.
- Highly developed knowledge of public and community relations.
- Extensive media experience.
- Effective Public Relations, communication and writing skills.
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills
- General knowledge of economics and politics.
- Highly developed knowledge of risk and stakeholder management.
- Excellent understanding of key social and governance issues affecting the mining industry globally.
- Ability to develop strategy, policies, guidelines and procedures, and facilitate implementation.