TITLE: Impact & Learning Manager
LOCATION: Takoradi, Ghana
DURATION: 12 months with annual renewal based on continued funding
PYXERA Global is seeking an Impact and Learning Manager to join its Ghana team and support the implementation of its enterprise and community development programs.
• The I&L manager will play a critical role in designing, operationalizing, and leading the implementation of M&E and performance management frameworks for its MSME programs.
• S/he will lead the monitoring and evaluation strategy for its MSME programs. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of developing and leading the implementation of MEL plans for MSME programs, facilitating program and organizational learning, program iteration and adaptation.
• The I&L Manager will also possess excellent presentation skills that utilize data to visually demonstrate the value of the program and explain complex concepts in accessible ways that can influence decision makers and foster organizational learning.
• The Impact and Learning Manager will lead the design and implementation of PYXERA Global Ghana’s MSME programs MEL plan in alignment with activities result and framework.
• S/he will develop and lead the roll out of activity-specific Impact and Learning tools for the MSME programs, in collaboration with relevant monitoring, evaluation and learning and other activity staff.
• S/he will support, as relevant, PYXERA Global partners in developing activity results frameworks (input, output, outcome and impact), and develop relevant indicators and targets for result areas and methods and/or tools to collect and evaluate the data.
• S/he will design and conduct monitoring, evaluation and learning training for PYXERA Global partners on topics that may include monitoring, evaluation and learning practices, data quality management, basic data analysis, and managing evaluations.
• S/he will coordinate with the MSME Training Manager in the implementation of training, monitoring and evaluation of activities.
• S/he will develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
• S/he will develop data collection and aggregation tools, as well as maintain activity databases.
• S/he will lead the routine analysis of program data for learning and adaptation; summarize and visualize program monitoring data and results and communicate to senior staff and partners.
• S/he will integrate the use of innovative technologies, data platforms, and GIS mapping for data collection, management, and reporting.
• S/he will collaborate with other staff and lead the development, review, and finalization monthly, quarterly and annual MEL workplans, success stories and budgets.
• S/he will oversee the development of donor reports, ensuring that PYXERA Global meets all donor reporting requirements for monitoring, evaluation and learning.
• S/he will coordinate the design and implementation of baseline, mid-term and end of activity evaluations, surveys, special studies, and other components of the activity’s MEL system (using both qualitative and quantitative methods).
• S/he will liaise with partners and stakeholders involved in the relevant program activities and collaborate in promoting high quality results and complementary efforts.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelors/ Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as: social science (international development, political science), statistics, or economics.
• At least 5 years of experience in designing, managing, and implementing results-based MEL activities for a large, complex international development programs.
• Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning requirements tools and approaches.
• Experience developing results frameworks, logical frameworks, or similar tools for project design.
• Strong experience in data analysis and data visualization with Excel, SPSS or other related software.
• Demonstrated experience in designing and managing operational research and evaluations.
• Demonstrated experience in synthesizing and analyzing various data sources for training, learning and recommendations for programing adaptations.
• Effective writing and data visualization and presentation skills.
• Strong oral presentation skills.
• Collaborative spirit in working with teammates and partners.
• Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
How To Apply
Send CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
Please note only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Closing Date: 09 November, 2020