The role is to support the Associate Director in running the Finance and Accounting Business Unit (BU) by assisting with the coordination of day-to-day activities within the team, managing client engagements, reviewing work of junior team members prior to Associate Director/Partner review, managing and developing team members and undertaking internal risk management activities in accordance with the firm’s risk management framework.
Job Title: Management Consulting (Finance & Accounting)
- Supports business development initiatives of the business unit.
- Manage development of client proposals and values propositions.
- Managing client portfolio in accordance with agreed service levels (e.g. reporting deadlines, billing, collections, etc.).
- Manage team members in delivering consulting services to help clients improve upon their performance. These services may include but are not limited to business process optimisations, internal control reviews, finance and procurement function effectiveness. reviews, diagnostic and compliance reviews and enterprise performance management.
- Liaise directly with clients and stakeholders to facilitate progress on projects as well BU operations.
- Supports the BU’s adherence to internal risk management procedures.
- Supports the development of junior team members.
- Represent BU at meetings were necessary.
- First degree in Business Administration, Accounting or other Business related field (Second Class Upper or better).
- Report writing (Essential)
- Analytics and critical thinking
- Business development
- Full professional accounting qualification (ICA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA, etc.)
- 6 to 8 years relevant professional experience with at least 3 years of team leadership experience within consulting/assurance/finance & accounting/ risk managing environments.
- Finance function experience
- Audit experience is an advantage but not required
- Knowledge of internal controls and experience in their implementation/ review and strengthening
- Development agency experience (desirable but not required)
- Experience in assisting organisations to improve performance across business functions (desirable but not required)
- Stakeholder/Project/Client portfolio management
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of an accounting application (desirable but not required)
- Experience in development of reports that set out details of work done and outcomes of work, preferably for the use of external stakeholders.
- Experience in development and delivering of presentations